38th

Bogum

"Make sure that he gets out of your way at all times, we will try to keep a look out for him." My older sister tells me all over and over again, she has been repeating it since last night. It is the day of the finals and honestly, I have the confidence to win the contest but with Heo Jinwook around, I don't think that it is that easy.

Knowing him through the perspectives of the other people in this restaurant, they had each told me things about this person that I would have to go against with to win the competition. They were all very similar to each other but the main point is that I would have to outsmart him by coming up with a new recipe, a fake cake recipe that I will be using just to fool him, he likes to add inedible ingredients to the dish and then we would be disqualified since the dish is inedible and we have nothing that we can present to the judges.

There is also the safety training that Nami and I have undergone through the past few days on how to defend ourselves from accidents that we could have prevented with ease, there was all defence technique and they are improvised by Kang Min who is a part-time martial arts instructor. I seriously don't know how he has the time to learn martial arts when his main line of work is to be in the kitchen, whipping up the same dishes simultaneously for the whole day.

It was a great help to our reflexes, especially mine since I don't have quick reflexes that I could react in a second. It would help me survive the round with ease with quicker reflexes after being trained by our dear friend.
"Got it, Noona... Relax, nothing is going to happen. Maybe he wouldn't do anything this time, maybe he will just focus on winning." I tried to make my older sister feel better and not think about how Heo Jinwook would wreak havoc over everything that we do and ruin everything that we have planned for.

"But still... I am afraid, even though he used to work for me, I still didn't trust him as much as I did with Nami and the others. And now that he is competing against you and Nami, I can only imagine how bad he can go just to get what he wants."

He is such an idiot, he doesn't need to do all of that to become successful, he doesn't have to stoop so slow just to win. "I hope that he realizes that he is just doing all this for nothing, he has the skills alone to win. He doesn't have to make someone quit on his own in order for him to win."

She shrugged her shoulders and I gave her a hug, telling her that nothing is going to happen and it is just us who are thinking too much about it. If we are able to win the previous rounds based on our skills, we will also be able to win the competition with our skills and of course with more determination and perseverance that we can win Heo Jinwook and have him banned from competing ever again.

Uncle Sangwook comes and shakes his head before yelling. "Stop hugging! I know that you love each other a lot but you have to get ready, the show is starting in 5 minutes."

"Uncle Sangwook, just let them hug it out. They will feel better and he will feel less nervous, and so it will help him perform better later." Daehyun comes into the picture. "All of our pride is in him and he has the power to make us proud and raise up the reputation of our restaurant through this competition, I have faith in Bogum that he will definitely win."

"Then what about Nami?" Kang Min asked for the only one person who isn't in the room, she had been outside ever since we arrived at the waiting room an hour ago.

She said to never disturb her until she calms down, I wanted to make her feel better but she doesn't want me to. It is going to make her feel worse if I was there to comfort her, she wouldn't be able to concentrate well and her emotions won't be in control.
So all of us had no choice but to leave her alone outside the waiting room, we have prepared a chair for her to sit down while waiting but it has been left empty.

We have been trying to understand each other a lot these days, we have spent a lot of time together trying to understand each other. We have also opened up to each other a little over the weekend and I feel more comfortable with her since she has allowed me to know more about her, she told me about the number of boyfriends and how each and every of them has made her felt inferior and small, leaving her no choice but to end the relationship before any of them falls for each other even deeper.

I have also told her briefly about the truth of me leaving the studying industry despite me loving the job to bits, I have never thought she would react this way.

"The reason why I became a chef, I was falsely accused of doing something that I didn't do," I remember how I brought up the topic to her after she has revealed about herself. We were a little drunk from the few bottles of beer that we had after ending work the day before, I was feeling a little tipsy and thus telling her this secret of mine was considered easy for me, I wouldn't be able to tell her anything if I were to be sober.

"What is that?"

"A female told the police that I touched her inappropriately but I don't remember any of it, in fact, I was under the influence of something, a sleeping pill that she secretly added to my glass of water and had me drink it. Are you still willing to love me?" I passed out after saying that and I don't even think that she remembered it, she didn't mention anything about last night so I guess that I would have to tell her properly again after the competition.

She opened the doors with a confident look on her face. "Are you ready to change history?" If it is with you, I can do anything.