2nd

Nami

I walked into the kitchen and the others were like all standing around doing nothing. Is there someone new joining us?

"Ouh, Nami ssi?? You are finally here. What happened to you anyways??" Daehyun asked me.

"Just some idiot bumped into me and caused my phone to drop into the drain." I explained.

"So you went to get the phone and got injured instead." He added.

"Can you work today with those bruises and scraps on your hands?" Kang Min asked me.

"Unfortunately no. Bo Ram unnie told me to rest and teach the new guy for the rest of the day. Where's the new guy?" I looked around and saw a guy that looked rather familiar. Someone that I have seen before somewhere.

He looks familiar. Isn't he the one that bumped into me??

I looked closer at him. He has the height and that hairstyle. Yes, he is the one that made me unable to work today and made my phone unable to work anymore as it came contact with the drain water.

"Aren't you the one that bumped into me this morning??" I asked him.

"Am I?? I'm not sure. I think so." He slightly smiled and scratched his head.

I grabbed his collar. "So you are the bastard that caused my phone to drop and I have to buy a new phone because of you. I just bought my phone last week. It was still new."

"Nami-ah, calm down. You are hurting him." Daehyun told me.

"I'm the one getting injured, who cares if he is injured? He is just some random new guy."

"Who says he is just some random new guy? He's my dongsaeng." I felt someone put her shoulder over me. It was Bo Ram unnie, the one that runs this restaurant.

"Cheosonghamida, Bo Ram unnie. I didn't know." I held my head low in embarrassment.

"It's okay, it's my fault for not telling you. At last, the whole crew of chefs finally met. Nami ssi, this is my baby brother, Park Bo Gum. He will be under you for today. Bo Gum-ah, this is my restaurant's most beautiful chef, Ha Na Mi."

"Nice to meet you, Na Mi ssi." He held out his hands.

"Nice to meet you." I just greeted him without shaking his hands. I still couldn't forgive him.

"Wae?? Did you guys fight??" Bo Ram unnie asked.

"Ne, Bo Ram unnie. I had to buy a new phone because of him. I haven't got my pay for this month and I have to buy a new one again. Scold him, it is his fault." I did aegyo to Bo Ram unnie as we are the only females here except for the waitresses outside. I know that she dotes on me a lot.

"He spoiled your phone?? How??"

"I bumped into him this morning and my phone dropped on the drain but it didn't drop into it. Then he walked away, making the iron tremble and my phone dropped inside it. It came into contact with the drain water."

" Park BoGum, how can you do this to Nami ssi??"

"It was an accident. I didn't mean it. It was her fault for not looking what is on front of her."

"What!! It is my fault. It was your fault."

"No!!!"

"Yes!!"

"No!!"

"Yes!!"

"No!!!"

"Yes!!"

"Guys cut it out. I will cut from your salary to buy a new phone for NaMi ssi. Is it okay now??" Bo Ram unnie came between the both of us and stopped us from arguing any further.

"Jinjja??? Thank you Bo Ram unnie. You're the best. I love you so much."

"Go take a bath, you wouldn't want to smell like this the whole day. Use the bathroom upstairs. Come with me."

"Ne.... Unnie."

Bo Ram unnie led me upstairs which is also her house. She runs her restaurant downstairs and lives alone upstairs. I go to her house frequently to have dinner before going home to see Kookie.

"For today, you can wear my clothes since your uniform is stained. Just put your clothes in the washing machine."

"Can I really do that?? I feel bad."

"Don't feel bad, I was the one that made you a chef. You deserve it once in a while."

"Ne....Unnie."

"Lock the door after you are done with everything." She gives me the keys to her house.

"Ne, unnie."

--------
BoGum

What is taking her so long to just take a shower and be back here??

She finally came down with a owl T-shirt. Must be one of noona's shirts.

"Let's get started, Park Bo Gum ssi."

"So polite, what happened to the gangster you just now??"

"Just cooperate with me for just one day. It would be over before you know it."

"Why must Noona assign me to this kind of woman? Why not one of the male chefs? There are a lot of them." I mumbled something under my breath.

"First, go disinfect yourself. You need to be free of bacteria before you enter the kitchen."

Luckily that she didn't heard what I said. I'm now temporary safe from getting punched and then being pulled by the collar.

"Why must I??" I think that I have just asked a very stupid question.

"Didn't you graduate in culinary school?? How did you not know this??"

"I didn't, I had a career switch." I don't have a choice but to quit my job. At least, I'm not jobless.

"Is it?? Go to the sink and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Remember the 8 steps rule on how to wash your hands in school?" She didn't even had a bit of interest to why I quited my job.

"Yes..." I placed my hands under the tap but nothing came out. I tried putting my hands in and out trying to test the signal of the sensor from the tap.

"Press your knee against that button under the sink. See it?? It's on the left side." She pointed at the button on the left side of the sink.

I placed strength on my knee and pressed on it with my knee. Water did come out.

"Good. Now wash your hands for at least 20 seconds than meet me at the counter over there." She pointed to the empty counter. That must be mine or hers.

I washed my hands and went to the counter where she had prepared a chef's knife and a chopping board.

"From now on, I will not repeat everything that I had said. So if you can't remember it, write it down in your notebook. Do you have a notebook or notepad?"

"Of course I do. I always carry one with me everywhere I go." I went to my bag and got my notepad and pen. I went back to the counter and got stopped by her. She told me to go back to wash my hands again. as my hands are dirty. What a hassle...

Nami

He still got a lot to learn especially the basics. He knows nothing of that. Why would he even switch careers in the first place??