1: Washing Uniforms

Start from the beginning

Dinah: she's the only one who doesn't treat you like crap besides me. I mean yeah throwing my towel at you is fun. But you know it's all jokes for me. I just wish Normani would come back around.

Camila: yeah. Normani was good people. But I have to go do this stuff for coach. I'll text you later.

Camila pushed her phone back into her pocket and pulled her bag over her shoulder. She put the towels in the dryer on the way out. She said goodbye to coach and walked out the door.

***

Camila walked down the sidewalk to the bus stop waiting for the bus to come. Her music in her ear and her hands shoved into her pockets. She let her eyes close for a while letting her mind wander. She thought of herself playing alongside the team and being great helping Lauren score. Vise versa. Her thoughts were interrupted when a horn sounded. She looked up and saw a black mustang.

"Do you need a ride?" The voice sounded as the window let down. Lauren's face appeared a pair of black shades covering her eyes.

"I can ride the bus but thanks." Camila shyly subsided the offer. Lauren shook her head and pushed open the passenger door.

"Come on." She said sitting back. The smaller brunette sighed and sat down in the car.

"You really didn't have to do this." The brown eyed mumbled looking over at Lauren. The soccer star shrugged and pulled off.

"Don't mind. I have nothing better to do. Where are we headed?" She asked.

"Well I have to get a few things for the game tomorrow so I was going to stop by the convenience store." Camila said softly pulling a list out her pocket and handing it to Lauren.

"Alright. I can help you if you'd like..." She said coming to a stop at the light.

"It's all fine really Lauren. But thanks."

"Come on. What's a little help?" she asked looking over at Camila.

"Lauren what's my name?" The brown eyed tested.

"Camila...what you thought I didn't know?" The soccer star asked.

"I mean everyone on the team pushes me around. I mean you are nice to me but I never knew you actually cared about knowing my name or anything." Camila shrugged glancing at the soccer star.

"Well I'm in your english class...I've seen you around before. I'm not totally oblivious to the lesser known kids in our school. Besides you're on the team so..." She explained glancing at the brunette in the passenger side of her car. Camila wished the soccer player would remove her shades so she could admire her eyes.

"Ok first I'm not on the team. I'm the teams maid. Second I don't think I fall in the 'lesser known' category. I'm always with you guys even though I sit the bench all the time I'm still seen with you guys. Third, the star point guard has had a crush on me before. I think I'm pretty well known." The smaller girl said with confidence. Lauren chuckled looking over at her.

"Well I'm glad you don't think you're unknown." The green eyed replied parking her car.

"Thanks for the ride..." The brunette replied reaching for the handle.

"No problem see you tomorrow." The soccer star said looking at Camila. The team assistant smiled before closing the door and walking into the store. She pulled out the list of things to get for the game tomorrow. Grabbing a case of Gatorade and pre-wrap she made her way to the front of the store.

"Mila come down here." Dinah called out from her register. She walked down and set the things on the counter.

"Thanks D." Camila replied pulling the sports card out handing it to her friend.