Chapter 63: Fourth Life - Reunited

Start from the beginning

"Wh— What?"

"It's true."

Ha. Hahaha... Is this a dream?

"You're too much!" I playfully landed a slap on his chest.

"What about you? Do you love me?"

Looking into his eyes, I was entranced by the brown swirls and sparkling crystals.

Shly, I said, "Mmm."

"Then will you promise me one thing?"

"What is it?" I perked up from his words. If there was anything I could do to repay him, then I would. After all, he was my savior... and now husband?

"Would you be willing to have my child?"

Child?! Child?!

Petting my hair, he smiled, "I wonder if our child would have my eyes and your nose."

"Heh. Um, husband. Don't you think we're moving a little too fast? I mean we've only met two days ago."

"Marriages are about starting a family, and we have the rest of our lives to be together. Let's start now."

Hearing the crackling of fire and rain drops fall onto the wooden roof, Yang Zi Huo placed me down on the cold floor. I felt his warmth on top of me as his fingers traced the side of my face. Staring into his eyes, my heart couldn't keep still, and my face felt like it was on fire. Shockingly, Yang Zi Huo licked my cheek all the way down to my neck. I flinched from how softly he was touching me. It was a type of touch that I'd never felt before.

Closing my eyes, Yang Zi Huo lightly kissed along my neck down to the center of my chest, slightly opening my robes.

A loud sound of metal pierced through skin, and a distorted cry of pain closely stunned my ears. Opening my eyes, I became immediately afraid and confused from what I saw.

Two Yang Zi Huo fighting each other.

Examining my half opened robes, a greenish slime covered the places where Yang Zi Huo licked.

"Ah, gross!" I whined. Standing on my feet, I ran to hide in the corner and observe the fight.

What could I have done with my useless lack of defense?

Watching them fight, I realized that one of the Yang Zi Huo had sprouted the legs of a mantis and his face transformed into an insect's with large dark eyes and a drooling clicking mouth.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yang Zi Huo stabbed the demon mantis through the abdomen and it shouted one last shriek before falling to the ground. After killing the demon, Yang Zi Huo looked over at me as if it was my turn to battle him. His sword dispersed from his hand in a blue fire spark. Walking toward me, he looked disappointed.

"Don't say it." I closed my eyes and begged.

"Say what?"

"Don't say that that demon was the one slobbering all over me."

Angry, Yang Zi Huo lectured me, "You are so useless. Why did you follow a demon into its lair? You are so-- If I hadn't tracked it down, you would have been its afternoon snack."

"I didn't know it was a demon!"

"Do you know what kind of demon that was? It was a Mantis Demon that impregnates its prey and then eats them after ripping out the fertilized egg."

"Don't tell me that! How evil!" I covered my ears and shook my head wildly.

Yang Zi Huo sighed, rubbing his temples.

I was angry too. "You abandoned me... so I came to find you and that demon formed itself to look like you! Started saying all these weird stuff, and I was fooled. This wouldn't have happened if you took me with you."

"I don't have the time to watch you. This is the real world, full of bad demons ready to devour you alive. Take another step and one will be waiting in the shadows eager to steal your soul, eat your virgin flesh. You're too dense to see through their illusions."

"But no one's ever taught me how to defend against demons. I can learn. Please accept me as your student, and teach me how to protect myself. I don't want to burden you with the responsibility of rescuing me time and time again."

I knelt on the ground with hands together, ready to accept my Master.

Yang Zi Huo's white robes with light blue designs accented his strict composure as he turned to the side to avoid my pleadings.

Dropping my hands, I told him, "If you don't accept me as your student then I will keep on following you everywhere. And if you can live with the fact that some demon will kill me then you don't have to take me with you."

"You-- Is that how you ask for someone's favor? Why are you this persistent?"

"Because I... love you."

Speechless, Yang Zi Huo's widely opened eyes stared back into mine. Shaking his head, I saw his lips curve into a small smile.

"You're a little weird. But I guess for now I do need a maid to tidy my things back at Bleak Night Sect."

"Really?!" I stood up and ran to his side.

"Come."

"Wait," I said.

"Hmm?"

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him close, inhaling the sweet smell and feeling the coldness exuding from his skin.

"I had to check. If you were really the right Yang Zi Huo."

Using a finger to push my forehead, Yang Zi Huo criticized me, "You do not do that. Maids don't harass their Masters, and do not call me by name. You have to address me as Master."

"Ow!" Rubbing my forehead, I stared at him angrily, "Yes, Master."