Chapter 13

You never got that system check, mostly due to the sudden attack of the bad massive robots struck and half of Sumdac Tower was blown out. You definitely hit a hard system glitch when your head was flooded with symbols you didn't understand and a static sound. 

"(y/n)?" You heard faintly, but it was warped

"(y/n)!" You jolted a little as your systems began to boot up 

There was a slight hitch in your processing unit as you struggled to get up. When did you fall? You squinted around at your surroundings. Everything was weirdly scorched you then noticed Sari beside you.

"Thank goodness your okay!" She said worried, "I didn't see you after the 'cons broke into the Tower and I got super worried!"

"'Cons? What?" You asked processing unit struggling to take everything in. 

"Yeah didn't you see the big giant evil bots burst out of the tower?" She asked concerned 

"I... No?" You rubbed your head, "Where's your father?"

"I was about to ask you that! I can't find him!" She started to ramble off worried about everything, "The Autotbots said they would look for him!"

Your processing unit slowly started to register the situation you were in. Shakily you stood up swaying a little on your feet you stumbled a little and gently led Sari away from the rubble into a more safe segment of the building. You mind felt blank as you looked around once outside, taking note on much of damage all around Detroit. You swallowed a little and sat down on the concrete steps with a soft sigh. 

"The autobots should get back soon..." Sari said softly, "They went to go help other people around the city..."

You glanced at the girl and noticed she was roughed up a little, "Are you okay?" 

"I... Umm... Yeah..." she said rubbing her arm a little, "Just kinda roughed up... Its been a long day."

"What can I do to help you?" You asked softly brows scrunching a little 

"I don't know." 

That didn't sit right with you, not being able to help her? You didn't like the sound of that. Not one bit. You ran a hand through our hair as she sat down with you. You sighed softly but blinked in surprise when she leaned against your side. Gently you hugged her to your side, that is when she began to cry.

You held her against your side and let her cry, she was scared, you could tell that. No child this young should be placed in a situation like this, oh how cruel the world is. You gently pet her head humming softly a soft tone at her. Her arms were wrapped tight around you as she trembled hard. 

Leaning a little on her you nuzzled your face into her hair sighing softly. You were all she had at the moment, and thats your job, to be there for her. You would follow programming to a T, but nothing much can be done beyond when that programming his changed.