Chapter 5

You rubbed at your temples softly a thin pain still tingling your sensors. You supposed it was from the newly installed eye so you didn't concern yourself about it, not yet anyways. 

"Let me get this straight," You huffed a breath, "You want me to take you rollerskating with your new 'Friends', am I correct?"

Sari grinned and nodded, "Yup! That's what I said!" 

You raised a brow at the girl 

"So you can get to know the-" she paused mid-sentence, "-guys."

You hummed softly and sighed, "Fine." 

She beamed that bright smiled up at you that you loved so much. Though there was something off about they way you saw her now. 

Nothing was physically off, but you felt different looking at her sweet, childish, disgusting, repulsive, organic face. You paused at the thought. 

weird...

Your have drifted down to the key on the lanyard around her neck, something urged you to take it from her. 

You didn't know why though. 

"Where'd you get the key?" You blurted 

"What?" She looked confused 

"Where, did you get the key?" You asked again 

"Oh, this?" She asked taking the key in her grubby little human servos, "My friends gave it to me."

'Pity they chose a filthy organic to guard such an important item that could sway the odds in my favor.' a dark thought chuckled, 'to bad its so easy too take.'

You had to force yourself not to reach out and grab the key. 

"Really?" You hummed holding your arm in the other fingers digging into your skin

"Yup! its really cool too!" She grinned again before skipping off, "Im gonna get ready for rollerskating!" 

~

You drummed your fingers against the steering wheel as you pulling into the parking lot of the rollerskating rink. Sari buzzed with excited chatter but you were more focused on the odd array of vehicles parked in the lot.

A firetruck, an ambulance, a police grade motorcycle, a heavy duty truck, and the car you knew at least belonged to this 'Ben Rhodes'. 

'Interesting' this new voice in your head observed 

 You had to agree with the voice on this matter. It was an odd thing to see.

You hummed to yourself as you pulled into a parking space. Sari leapt out of the car before you even put it in park.

You shouted at her to wait as you put the car in park and rushed after her. You found her inside with an interesting looking group of people.

Her "friends".

She was chatting up a storm with the second tallest man, one with soft features with fluffy dark hair. You pushed aside the thought of running your hands though it.

Cause that would be weird.

You cleared your throat drawing attention from all the men onto yourself.

"Oh!" Sari laughed, "Guys this is (y/n)! (Y/n), the guys?"

"Do they have any actual names or just 'the guys?'" You hummed with a raised brow

"They have names silly!" Sari laughed, "Introduce yourselves guys!"

Each man shifted awkwardly avoiding eye contact, almost like they were trying to remember what they were called.

Interesting.