Chapter 8

Why were you flirting with him!?

WHY WERE YOU FLIRTING WITH HIM!? 

You couldn't help yourself. Nor stop yourself, all of these sweet, yet backhanded, compliments dripped from your lips like sugar water.

It had to be a glitch in your systems.

It HAD to be. 

It made no sense. How do you go from hating someone's guts, to gladly flirting and talking to him like some stupid love interest in a garbage fan fiction written by a lonely girl as she sat in her study hall writing instead of studying at all. 

You rubbed your knuckles against the cheap shiny paper cup that held your drink. You hadn't even brought the white red-striped straw to drink. True, you didn't need food, but you could steal eat, the acid in your belly just melted everything down to nothingness. 

Why you were thinking about your digestive processes? You didn't know, but you just couldn't seem to bring yourself to take at least a sip from the cup of soda. It was odd, usually you loved soda, but just not at the moment it seemed. 

"So... how about a date?" Ben suddenly asked his freckled cheeks flushed a bright pink

You really wanted to say no. You were dying to say no. But then a thought struck you.

you'd be able to get more information on him if you said yes. 

"Sure." You hummed finally getting your arm to respond and lift to your mouth so you could drink 

"Really!?" Ben jumped a little then coughed and faked a cool side lean, "Nice." 

You nodded a little at his oddly cute reaction a faint smile playing your lips. 

'excellent work.

Ah, you were being to wonder where your new voice friend had went too. 

'I know, I'm great.' You thought with a grin 

'I have to admit your quite the manipulator.' You blinked in surprise not expecting a reply from mister mind voice

You shook your head, probably another glitch, an echo back of you thoughts most likely. You'd have to ask Sumdac about it, and probably you'd have to take Sari shopping so you can get something nice... or at least scan something you liked so you can copy it with a machine you had. 

"So where are we going?" You asked, "So I can meet you there." 

"O-oh umm.. Its a surprise?" He chuckled softly his hands doing a small partial circle in the air 

You raised a brow at him straw pressed against your bottom lip, "Really?" 

"Uh.. Yup! I'll come and get you too! You live at Sumdac Tower, right?" He chuckled a little almost visibly sweating 

You hummed narrowing your eyes a little, "Yes, I'm a nanny of sorts." 

"Really? Thats pretty cool!' He chuckled relived that you weren't asking him any more about the date 

"Sure. What time will you be picking me up exactly?" You hummed curiously 

Ben swallowed, he spoke too soon.

"I... Six or Seven sound good?" He asked meekly 

"Yeah thats okay." You replied glancing at the rollar rink 

You smiled faintly as Sari managed to stay up right for so long. You eyes slid down to the key around her throat.

'Mission number two.'