Chapter 4

You had done some research and discovered that there was many many many Ben Rhodes. Too many to feasibly go through each social media platform, school records, and whatever else you could easily find on the internet to find the one you were looking for. 

This frustrated the heck out of you. 

More so than your inability to curse. 

And that was friggin' awful. 

Your lips pulled in an annoyed expression your eyes narrowing. You ran your hands through your hair, snagging slightly on the tangles in the (h/c) strands. Your eye soon enough began to twitch your sighed and closed the laptop you were using. 

You rubbed the eye that was twitching hoping to sooth the ache. You sighed as a few warning signals popped up. Swinging your legs off the bed you grabbed a towel and pressed against that side of your face so it wouldn't cause that side of your face to twitch and pull against your will. 

You were gonna see Sumdac about your eye, you decided as you stepped out of your room. You glanced around the hall with your good eye brushing aside the warnings popping up in your field of vision. You stopped as your head suddenly throbbed with pain. 

"Frick..." You muttered reaching a hand up to rub the side of your head

You didn't know why your head was hurting, usually a limb twitching would only progress to the areas just around it. Your eye had started twitching so it should progress to your face, but it went straight to your head.

You pressed on heading towards Sumdac ' s lab. You met the short man just as he was leaving.

"Oh! (Y/n) I didn't expect to see you out here!" He chuckled

"Well I kinda-" your face suddenly contorted

"Another blown nerve circuit come with me." He spoke knowingly

You followed him as he turned back into the lab. You sat down in a simple metal examination chair and removed the towel from your twitching eye.

The man hummed in thought and began to get to work. He decided that the eye sensor and nerve circuit needed to be fixed, so you would have to be put into temporary shut down.

You used to be put in that stage a lot when you were... how would you put it... younger? Would that be the correct term?

Who really cares, but anyways. You'd be put under a lot, mostly do to malfunctioning circuits or improper personality.

It was a nice and calm state. Not unlike a dreamless sleep.

You nodded in a knowing way and let him set to work to shut you off for a little.

You jerked as your visor began to fade and your head lulled to the side. You were out.

...

This time it wasn't as peaceful.

It was a world pull of a deafening static that left your ears ringing and your teeth grit.

You wanted to scream, but you found you had no voice. It was just you and the static.

Until a loud demanding voice spoke.

"What's this?" It crooned voice low and baritone

"Another useless organic invention?" It growled

"Or perhaps another tool."

You starred with wide eyes at the disembodied metal head.

Then.

You woke up.