Chapter 10

Ben arrived forty-five seconds late. Which you suppose wasn't too bad considering he probably didn't count time by the second. You also supposed you were being highly critical of him for no real reason.

'I'd say you have an actual reason! He was late!'

You rolled your eyes at the snappy voice in your head that appeared to have access to all of your thoughts. 

'you are correct there dear, I know your thoughts, and only a portion of them are good.'

You rolled your eyes again at the thought as Sari rushed in search of you. You watched her through the window then listened to her loud steps as they came running.

' Annoying little organic with a key she doesn't understand the power of.'

You didn't bother asking him what he meant as Sari ran into your room.

"Ben's here!" She shouted 

"I know." You stated walking out, "And what have I told you about running in here without knocking?"

"I could see something that will mentally scar me forever." she shuddered a little in disgust at the thought 

"Thats right, so you have to knock." You chuckled rubbing her head as you passed

You repressed the urge to grab the key slung around her neck and walked outside to the yellow car sitting on the curb for you. You opened the passenger door and got in and sat down in the seat. Ben was sitting in a nice suit in the drivers side and held a small bouquet of flowers. 

He blushed brightly upon seeing you and stammered over his words, "Y-you look nice."

You could practically feel how smirky the voice had gotten over that. You ignored it for now and nodded a little at Ben.

"Thank you Ben, you look nice too." You hummed as you buckled your seat belt 

"T-these are for you." He offered you the flowers with a shaky hand 

You hummed softly and gently took them, red and pink roses, interesting choice, "Thank you again Ben."

He nodded a little his bright eyes softening a little as he looked a little before he jerked a little and snapped his gaze to the road and started to drive.

"So now will you tell me what are we doing for this date?" You hummed 

"Its a surprise... You can't spoil a surprise." He chuckled nervously 

' It really seems like he doesn't have a plan for this "date". '

You once again found yourself agreeing with the voice that had randomly materialized in your head.... You've been meaning to clear it.. Why haven't you? You furrowed your brows a little I thought, you couldn't really remember several things you planned on doing. This was a weird glitch in your systems that needed to be fixed before it go too much worse, or who knows what would happened. 

You sent a short message to Sumdac asking him to remind you to get your systems checked. A reminder you wouldn't mindlessly delete. You cast your focus back on the nervous man in the seat next to you.

He was trembling so much. This was gonna be interesting.