Chapter 11

'A dinner... How predictable.'

You ignored the voice at the moment as you looked at the dining establishment. At least it wasn't the fast food place Sari always wants to go too. So that was a plus, he's taking this serious  enough. You got out of the car with a soft hum.

"Nice choice." You stated as Ben got out of the car

"I-um thanks.." He murmured 

You nodded and hummed as he offered you an arm to hold. You looked at him with a raised brow. He blushed and chuckled nervously.

"You don't have to take it..." 

'I wouldn't take it, be coy.'

You once again ignored the voice and gently wrapped your hand around his bicep and slid your arm against his stepping closer. He blushed even brighter that you actually took his offer to hold his arm and now looked a little unsure and even more nervous.

"You can stop flexing your arm." You stated plainly hiding a snicker 

He blushed even brighter when you realized what he was doing and relaxed his arm.

'What a foolish child.'

It would help if the voice was nicer.... Well less critical of everything, but then again you don't have much of a right to say so because you are very critical of many things. At least you admitted it, unlike some sultry disembodied voices. You got the pinpick of being insulted and you couldn't help a little smirk that slid onto your face you made the disembodied voice feel insulted.

That was weird now that you were thinking about it. 

You'd be getting this glitch fixed later. 

While you had been insulting voices inside your head Ben had walked with you to the door of the eatery. He was quick to rush and open the door for you. You raised a brow and he gave you a shy smile and gestured for you to walk in, which you did, but he ran passed you again to open the second set of doors. It was sweet how gentlemenly he was trying to be. 

'Consider yourself charmed by nothing.'

You were not gonna let the voice ruin the sweet feeling you were currently. You walked into the establishment fully and got hit by the sweet aromas in the place. You smiled a little as Ben walked up beside you. You glanced at him and he ducked his head a little shyly this caused you to smile more. You walked towards the hostess stand and Ben was quick to follow.

"Two?" Asked the hostess behind the stand 

"Yup!" Ben nodded smiling 

The hostess nodded and grabbed two menus, "Follow me." she instructed 

She started walking in a direction deeper into the restaurant. You followed after her Ben keeping step with you. You hummed in surprise when he shyly slid his hand into yours. You glanced at him and he was looking away trying to act cool. You smiled a little and let him hold your hand as you walked to where you would be seated.

'this is really what you are falling for??'

Yes was the voices answer. This was going to be a nice night. You were gonna let it be. And not let mister pessimistic voice ruin it.