t w e n t y - o n e ☕️

haewon

i knew it. i knew it all along. jisoo did like me, but i never thought i'd know this type of information like this.

flashback

"look, jisoo likes you." seungcheol said. i had my jaw hanging. "really?" i asked.

"yeah." seungcheol said. "that's why he was jealous of you and taeyong. he thought it was unfair that you treat taeyong like a 'real friend' while you treat jisoo only like an 'acquaintance'."

"yeah, no shit." i said. "how could i forgive him when he made my middle school life hell?"

"he changed, you should know that."

"everyone's telling me that! but i know, seungcheol. i know for a fact that something bad will happen when i trust jisoo again."

"i can see it in you eyes, haewon." seungcheol said. "i can see that you're falling for him."

"that's ridiculous." i said and stormed off. seungcheol tried to stop me but eventually gave up. why am i the only one that's not in jisoo's side? because they don't understand me. no one does.

jisoo freakin' ruined my life to the point where he broke me, along with my dreams. he made me hurt myself. at one point i accidentally hurt others, too.

i went home by walking, since i didn't want seungcheol catching up with me if i waited for the bus.

end of flashback

but seungcheol's statement kind of struck a chord in me."i can see it in your eyes, haewon. i can see that you're falling for him."

that doesn't make any sense. how can he say that i'm starting to love jisoo when i'm not even sure if i love him? he's not some kind of mind reader, he's just assuming.

"jisoo likes you." pfft, so what? so what if he likes me? as if he cared when i liked him. i wanted to get my revenge on him ever since that day when he rejected me. maybe i can get my revenge this time...

the week ended, and it was finally friday. it was also the last day of school before winter break! i'm so excited for winter break, because my family and i were going to jeju to visit the rest of our family. sojung is going, too, but after christmas so that she can spend time with her family.

anyway, we're going to busan on monday, and i was packing my stuff until hyungwon texted me.

big bro😈

big bro😈
oi

haewon
wat

where r u btw

big bro😈
im finishing a project @ wonho hyungs house

anyway

are u fine abt it?

haewon
wdym?

fine abt what?

big bro😈
abt him coming!

haewon
aBOUT WHO COMING

PLEASE BE MORE sPeCIfiC

big bro😈
ABOUT JISOO COMING W US TO JEJU!

do you not know?

haewon
WHAT

WHY

WHEN

WHERE

TF IS HE COMING?!?

well, trip spoiled

big bro😈 is typing...

haewon went offline

i sighed as i plopped onto my bed. as if on cue, my mother went in my room.

"hey, haewon." she said.

"let me guess, jisoo and his family are going with us to jeju?" i said before she could speak.

"yeah!" mom said. "how'd you know?"

"i know because i know." i said, staring at the ceiling.

"hyungwon told you?" she asked.

"yeah!" i said mockingly. "how did you know?"

"i know because i know." mom said, mocking me, earning a chuckle from me. "anyway, go down for dinner in a few minutes."

"okay." i said as my mom left.

monday came faster than i could ever imagine. the only time that i could not see jisoo is now ruined because he's coming with us. geez, can he just leave me alone for at least two weeks?

we were gonna take the plane, for your information. we figured the plane was the fastest way to get there. our flight was at 7:00 AM, so i had to wake up really early since the airport was a bit far from us.

as we got to the airport, i saw jisoo and his mom get off a taxi. i averted my gaze away from him since i didn't want to make any contact. since i wasn't looking at their direction, i didn't even notice that jisoo was right behind me.

he tapped my shoulder and i turned around. i gave him an awkward wave as i turned back around. "so... are you ready for jeju?" he asked. i nodded as a reply.

"what made you join us?" i asked, not looking at him. "i mean, not to be rude."

"uh, my dad works somewhere in jeju, but the rest of my family is in L.A., so my mom and i decided to visit my dad."

i nodded as a reply. we went through all those airport stuff, and after a couple minutes we arrived in the waiting area. i sat on one of the seats, and jisoo sat beside me. after a few minutes, the plane arrived and we got on the plane.

when we got in the plane, that was the only time that i realized... i was going to sit beside jisoo. my mom sat beside my dad, hyungwon sat beside a random girl, while jisoo's mom sat beside an elderly woman. sigh, sometimes i hate that airplane seats are assigned.

i sighed as i plugged my earphones in my ear. i closed my eyes as i felt the plane moving. this is gonna be a long ass ride.

ok so i just wanted to say that the winter break and summer break in this book will be in different months than the ones in korea :))) thats it (if that makes sense)

word count: 947 words