f i f t e e n ☕️

(a/n: this was joshua's pov from haewon's surprise party day)

joshua

it was saturday, the day of haewon's surprise party. i was sitting by the kitchen counter, wrapping my gift for haewon. i bought her a little music box, and was currently wrapping it until my mom called me.

"jisoo! wanna go with me to haewon's house and help out decorating it?" she asked.

"sure." i said, as i finished wrapping the gift. i went up to my room and changed, grabbed the gift, went out to the garage, and headed in my mom's car.

the party was over, and wonwoo was the only one who left. my mom and haewon's mom were just chatting while cleaning the place, while the rest of us were just chilling on the couch watching a movie.

"haewon-ah!" mrs. chae said.

"yeah?"

"could you get my phone down the basement? i left it there while preparing for your party."

my gaze averted to her as she stood up from the couch. suddenly, jeonghan stood up, and whispered something in her ear, then they both went down the basement.

it was only when haewon looked at me when i realized that i was giving jeonghan a death glare. but i couldn't help it... my best friend doing "alone time" with the girl i like?

"what did you do in the basement?" i asked jeonghan while we were waiting for seungcheol in the car. he was still inside haewon's house, since he forgot something.

why am i even in seungcheol's car when my mom's there? you may probably ask.

because, my mom and haewon's mom were still chatting and everyone else went home except for sojung and hyungwon (of course), and we had nothing to do there anymore, so seungcheol just decided to drive jeonghan and i home, since he was the only one that brought a car.

"i just helped her find her mom's phone." he said. that doesn't sound convincing, and he always shifts his eyes away from me when he's lying to me. at least, most of the time.

"you're lying." i said.

"i'm not."

"you are."

"i'm not, i swear!"

"jeonghan-ah, you're one of the only people i trust!" i said, my patience slowly losing. "stop lying to me and tell me the reason why you were in the basement with haewon!" i said, finally losing my patience.

"jisoo, you're acting really childish! if you really trust me, why can't you just believe that i was not lying!?" he said, clearly annoyed.

"you know that i like her, i know that you're lying, why can't you just tell me the truth?" i said, furiously.

"you're assuming, joshua. how can you even tell that i'm lying when i'm clearly not?!"

at that moment, seungcheol came in. "geez, stop bickering. i could hear your voices outside the car." he said.

i sighed in annoyance, and looked outside the window as seungcheol started to drive.

that night, i was still pretty annoyed. i was trying to sleep until my phone got a text notification.

jeonghan😇

jeonghan😇
dude, u still awake?

dont seenzone me jisoo

for fucks sake will ya just answer?

jisoo
what?

jeonghan😇
finally

look, about the incident in the car...

jisoo
just get straight to the point, please.

jeonghan😇
im really sorry,, i didnt mean to annoy you.
it was just that... i was really telling the truth
and you wouldnt believe me so we just had
that stupid argument...

jisoo
...

yeah,,, youre right...

sorry too, dude.

jeonghan😇
so...

friends again?

jisoo
yeah

gawd, i just realized that this situation
is just like last time when we argued
over yoojin

jeonghan😇
trueee

sigh, we were so young back then

jisoo
ik

jeonghan😇
you really like haewon, huh?

jisoo
by this point im not even sure, but i think
i do like her.

jeonghan😇
because, i know you only cause arguments
over ppl u love

jisoo
i guess...

anyway gtg

bye
seen, 12:49 AM

word count: 668 words