Chapter 5

This part does go a little fast, but I have my reasons. Hope you enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up ready to run. I decided to go south and have a little fun in the sun for my vacation. So I did. By the time noon rolled around I was starving and wanted to ration my food, so I stopped in the small town of New Meadows, Idaho. There was a nice little Subway that I decided to eat at, seeing as there wasn't anywhere else to eat.  

I walked in the door, which made the little bell ring, and choose an oven-roasted chicken footlong. "Are you sure you can eat all of this?" asked the employee, Steve; according to the name tag.  

"Yep. I have a really big stomach."  

"You don't sound like you're from around here. Let me guess. You come from up north." 

"How'd you guess? Well, you're right. I come from Montana." 

"I'm just really good at placing accents. So where you headed?" 

"I'm not totally sure. Just going south for vacation." 

"You should check out Las Vegas. There's always something interesting going on there." 

"Maybe I will. Thanks for the suggestion." 

"No problem."

After eating my sandwich, I decided to head for Las Vegas. I had nothing better to do. By the end of the day, after going all over the Rocky Mountains, I did reach Las Vegas.  

I've never been much of a gambler, so I didn't really gamble, but the lights are marvelous, and there are some crazy people there. For once I felt like the normal one. I recorded me in a taxi going by all the buildings at night for mom. I stayed for a week, but after some drinking, and feeling extremely lonely, I choose to leave for San Francisco.

* 3 days later *

I love San Francisco. The Golden Gate Bridge, the aquarium, made it absolutely amazing. Especially the sunsets. they were amazing here. Not to mention everything else. I used up a lot of videotape.  

I got to a post office after putting my videos on a DVD for mom, and sent them to her, sending a note saying: 'Hope you are well. Here are some of my crazy experiences so far. Love, Tara.'  

After sealing the note in the small package, I wrote her address and put it in the slot.

I traveled to Florida, where I had lots of fun, especially at Sea World, and realized that sun didn't affect me at all, which really brightened my day. I even took up a full-time job working at Sea World, because I needed a little extra cash. I stayed there for a month. But I was lonely. Whether spending a night alone in the woods, or sunbathing on a crowded beach, I was alone. A homeless stranger, moving constantly, that no one even tried to get to know.  

That's when I decided that I wanted to find some others like me. True, I may be the only vampire-werewolf mix, but there are other vampires and other werewolves that haven't rejected me, like my previously pack, that I have yet to discover. So, I set off on a journey to find them.

My first encounter was with a werewolf pack in northern Wisconsin. They were suspicious at first and curious, I was in fact the first of my kind, but invited me to stay with them for a little while. Things where tense and awkward in their house, but at least there were two girl werewolves that understood me more. The problem happened when they saw me drinking blood. Then they freaked out and politely asked me to find a different pack to stay with.

The second encounter happened in the upper peninsula of Michigan, where there was a small clan of two vampires that were a little used to werewolves. They had rambunctious attitudes though, and enjoyed killing for fun and torturing, so I left on my own accord.

I sent a letter to my mom telling her what I was up to and the vampires and werewolves I'd encountered. My third encounter was in Minnesota with werewolves, but they didn't want a half-breed in their midst at all and turned me away. The fourth encounter was in northern Wyoming with vampires, but they couldn't stand the smell of "wet dog" and told me to go to their cousins in Canada.

So, I went to Canada and found many vampires and werewolves there, some accepting, some not. One werewolf pack was extremely nice and accepting, even with the blood drinking part. But one of them, a guy, kept flirting with me over and over, though he didn't even imprint on me. I got sick of that pretty quickly, and told him to stop over and over but he never did. So I left.

One vampire clan in Canada thought there wouldn't be enough hunting grounds with them seeing as they had 10 people and sucked animal blood, but told me to go to a vampire clan in Alaska. Thus I ended up in Denali Alaska.  

(switching back to 1st person)

I rang the doorbell of the address that the other vampires had given me. A vampire opened the door, I could tell by the smell, with black hair with an olive tone to her chalky complexion. "Who are you?" she asked. She sniffed me. Not all vampire, not all werewolf. A vampire that's been hugging a werewolf? Or maybe a werewolf that's been hugging a vampire. But I don't believe there are many girl werewolves around here. Why are you here and what are you?"  

"I am neither werewolf nor vampire. I am both. I come with a want of company, because my werewolf pack rejected me once I became part vampire."  

"Well, come in. my name is Carmen, sit down and tell me everything. I've never heard of anything like this before." 

I walked in to find other vampires looking at me warily. "What is this?" asked a vampire with strawberry blonde curls.  

"Come sit down now Tanya. This is something new." She sat down looking at me warily, while two other guys and a girl walked in and sat down. "So tell me, how did you become like this?" asked Carmen.

So, I started from the beginning and told my story up to the present; excluding the part about me imprinting on Conner.  

Once I finished there was dead silence. I looked around and their faces seemed to be in deep thought. Tanya spoke up first. "I didn't even know it was possible." 

"I don't think any of us did." Said Kate.  

"Well, I know one thing for sure. I know where you can go and be accepted. They won't mind. They have crazy things come every other month now." Said Carmen. 

"Where?" I asked eagerly.  

"It's down south in Washington. In a small town called forks. There's a vegetarian coven down there that are like extended family to us. They should accept you if you tell them your story. There's also a werewolf pack nearby. I should tell you they have a pack saying the vampires can't go on the werewolves' territory, but seeing as you're a mix, you should be able to go to their house and explain your situation. I think that would be a good place for you." 

"It does sound like a good place for me... alright I'll go there next."  

Carmen just smiled and showed me the door. I walked out into the cold, though it doesn't affect me, and started running down south towards a place where I might be accepted.

* * * * * * * * * * *** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

As usual pleez VOTE. comments are always welcome too.  

*Blitzluver*