Chapter 26

Tara’s POV

After breakfast I ran upstairs to change out of my pjs and into normal clothes while also putting my hair up in a ponytail before tracking down Mirabelle, Rena and Seth. This was not going to fun for any of us.

Once we were all settled in the study, I took a deep breath before beginning. This was going to be very awkward. “Ok, seeing as I’m you two’s new mother, I decided I needed to set some ground rules.”

“Why am I here then?” asked Seth.

“I’m getting to you.” I said. “Anyways, um, seeing as you’re all teenagers and dating and such...”

“Oh dear I know where this is going.” Said Mirabelle. “Don’t worry we already know all that and you don’t have to worry.”

“Yeah I know you do but I have to say it anyways. It’s not like I want to have this discussion either.” I took another breath before continuing. “Rena this applies to you as well, so keep it in mind. Ok as long as you guys are under my roof and under 18 there is no, well, you know. None of that stuff. Also, Seth if you decide to crash here sometimes I’m cool with that but you must sleep in a separate room than Mirabelle. I’m not taking any risks here. And if you decide to break my rules, then at least use protection! I mean I don’t want to be a 20 year old grandmother. Understand?”

They nodded. Poor Seth had an expression of ‘oh god can I please go now?’ on his face.

Then Rena asked “does this apply to you as well?”

I was not very prepared to answer that question. I mean, yeah I had my mate here and all but he’d been here less than a day. I wasn’t thinking about that stuff. “Um, well seeing as I own the house and I’m over 18, which makes it legal for me, no.”

She frowned. “Well then please lock your door then. I walked in on my foster parents once...” she shuddered. “Ok another question. When will these rules be non-affective?”

“Um, I guess when you turn 18. But even then you can’t do it in my house. I would prefer if you did it somewhere else.”

“Ok.” She nodded.

Seth cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable. “May we go now?” he asked looking away from me and at the door.

“Yes.” I said, following them out.  I found Conner sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob (big surprise there) and I flopped down next to him. “I just had ‘the talk’ with Mirabelle, Seth and Rena. It was... awkward.”

He chuckled. “I’m sure you fun explaining.”

“Well, I didn’t quite explain, I just set down the rules. I’m pretty sure they know how it goes down.”

“Still...” he smiled.

I playfully pushed him. “I’m sure you would’ve loved to take my place back there. Don’t lie.”

He smirked. “Yep. You know it.” Just then I saw Zevi sulking nearby and I jumped off the couch to go talk to him. He needed some help with his relationship.

“Hey Z.” I smiled. “Can I talk to you?”

He shrugged. “Sure. It’s not like my mate wants me to be around her anyways.”

I felt the pity for him welling up in my and I gave him a sad look. “Zevi, I know things between you and her aren’t working out so well. But, you have to understand. She has had bad experiences before. Listen to me. She was engaged ok? And she loved him and he loved her. But, he dumped her for someone else and she was devastated. Then she became a werewolf and her ex was her pack leader and it turns out he’d found his mate and that’s why he dumped her so suddenly. Let’s just say, it was very hard for her. Thus, she became cold and withdrawn but yet I still managed to become friends with her. And now that she has you, she doesn’t know what to do. You’ve done nothing wrong okay?”