Chapter Two

Gutter Girl - Hot Flash Heat Wave

Vowels - HUNNY

Jason

I hated it. I knew I should have waited until tomorrow to come by, but the suspense was killing me. It killed Lola, a poor bird I had saved on the side of the street last week. She was barely breathing, and I nursed her back to health. I was so mad to learn Mia and Connor were still a thing, I hadn't even realized I strangled her until her corpse was lying in my hands. 

Lola was a weak creature, she deserved far worse. 

I looked in through their windows after the sun had set, seeing them all huddled around the TV, and him, the most disgusting of them all, Connor, with his hands around my Mia. The girl I've been trying so hard to catch. Mia, the Lola on the side of the street, begging to be nursed. I would make Mia my Lola, dependent on me. Loving me. Crushed by me. Oh, Mia. You need to understand that I am the only one who can really treat you well. Like the princess you truly are.

I sigh. My eyes lay on the two other girls. I didn't mind them. They kept Mia happy while I was gone without overstepping boundaries, despite them being sinful lovers. I had to admit I was surprised they hadn't tried to rope Mia in for a threesome yet. I shuddered at the thought. Never would my beautiful Mia have anything like that happen to her.

Those two were always on one another. Whether they were kissing, touching, laying. They couldn't be separated for several minutes without being desperate for one another. Disgusting is what they are. Disgusting creatures of the Devil. I chuckle lightly, watching them intertwining themselves with each other. Their limbs in places I know to be uncomfortable. 

They don't bother with Mia. Although, Connor is still with her, resting his head on top of hers. My heart clenches as I wish to break the window and stomp inside, grab Connor by his obnoxiously long hair and drag him to my basement. I would show Mia the true demon he really was. A deceitful, clingy monster.

The two girls yawn and stretch, talking to Mia and Connor for a moment before heading to their bedroom. Mia waddles down the hall with Connor, his arm still draped around her. Always touching her, like a protective sloth. I hate it. I look down at my hands as they walk down the hall. I almost felt bad for Lola. What I really wanted was Connors neck between my hands, not the poor dying bird. 

They enter a room, one I presume is their shared bedroom, and I walk around the house to the other window. They put up curtains, but they're opened slightly on the side to where I can see Mia and Connor fall into bed, cuddling until they fall asleep. It makes me daydream about Mia in my own arms. Her hands wrapped around my sides, my hands resting on her lower back as she breathes shallowly. I would run my fingers through her long black hair, and she would be mine.

...

I don't remember leaving Mia's home, but I reached my house feeling deflated. I had turned into the very Lola I wanted to nurture. The very Lola I wanted to torture. I flopped on my bed, closing my eyes, thinking. Thinking thinking thinking about everything and nothing and Mia and Connor and Mother. Oh, Mother. Oh how I missed her, but she only got in the way.

My dog comes bounding down the hall, a poodle-mutt. His name is Maple. Maple climbs up on the couch with me, resting his head on my stomach. I pet him, scratching right behind his ears. Maple is a sweet dog. Mia had a poodle in her Sophomore year, but he had to be put down due to some diseases. So, I got Maple. Something to comfort her when I reroot her here. With Ramona and I.

I roll over, looking at the analog clock, listening to it tick. "Tick, tick, tick, tick," I whisper. The door opens quietly, and Ramona walks in. She has several reusable grocery bags in her hands, obviously back from her trip to the grocery store.

"Welcome home, love," I say, moving my head to look over to her. Her skin is paler than Mia's, but that's just because when she first joined me here she didn't go outside so often. Now, I trust her. Well, she can't go anywhere with my knowing ever since the chip entered her neck.

She seems a bit surprised at first, stuttering before saying, "Thank you, Jason. I've brought home-- brought home the groceries on your list."

I stand up, walking over to her. Her dark hair is in a ponytail, but loosely. Strands hang around her face, and bags hang under her eyes. I cock my head to the side. She doesn't make eye contact with me. "Ramona? Are you hiding something from me?"

"Oh, no! You just startled me. I thought you were-- I thought you were still with Mia."

I raise an eyebrow. "Were you hoping I would stay longer?"

"No, no, Jason. It's just you're always so happy with her, I want you to be happy all the time, Jason," she says, smiling.

I smile. "You're so sweet Ramona." I reward her with a kiss on the forehead. I grab her upper arm tightly, feeling her tense and her breathe hitch. "You better not be hiding anything from me, bitch."

Ramona fixed chicken and salad for dinner. We eat peacefully, the table lit with candle light, flickering and dancing on the walls. Shadows of demons, haunting me. Ramona eats like a lady, gently picking up her food with her fork, chewing quietly. As I feasted, I noticed a new smell. Something sweet with a hint of vanilla.

"Are you wearing perfume?"

"Oh, yes. I am wearing- wearing perfume. Do you like it?" she asks, looking at me with big, hopeful eyes.

"It smells okay. Don't wear it to dinner. It's hard to eat."

"I'm sorry."

After dinner, Ramona goes to take a shower. She's out within five minutes, a rule I hold in the house hold for Ramona. I'm the one paying the water bill, not her. She wears her nightgown, and she tells me she is heading to bed. She crawls into our bed, and I lie next to her, running my fingers along her cheek down her neck. I place my hand on her shoulder as I kiss her neck. I rest my head on mer chest, and she breathes heavily. Her heart rate increases slightly before decreasing.

"Oh, Mia," I say quietly, tired. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, love."