10 - True Intentions Part 2

“War is already here.” I told him.

“Then why did you bring us here?”

“The strongest fortress in the city lies within the walls of the government. This is the government.” I replied, talking to him was now getting boring.

“And yet you have broken in and stole a ship.” Well, he wasn’t overly boring.

“I know the ways. The enemies don’t.”

“Tell me, were you the one who called the Earl and arranged his fake appointment with the President?” He asked and I couldn’t ignore the fact that he had so many questions under his nose. He’s worse than a Cenyth woman. Do I really have to associate with this man? I could just kill him. But then, his sick loyalty to Chris might be necessary in a lot of ways. I could benefit from it.

“I’m surprised at your logic. Indeed it was I.” I admitted. It was rare of me to meet such humans who make use of their brains rather than their looks. Even President Gana was more concern of his lenses than his health.

“Curse you.” He glared at me. He had become fond of that, was he?

“Charlie Michaels, you are summoned.” A green soldier whose face I was not familiar with entered the prison room.

“By who?”

“The earl.”

“Has there any mentions of Zion?”

Shut off.”

“Well, that sounds legit.”

The soldier pressed a small button in his hands, just then the long chains that bound Charlie to the ground shrunk into some thick prison bracelet around his wrists, as well as to his feet.

“Come on.” The solider gestured at him.

Charlie was pulled up by the prison bracelet, hands forwarding and feet walking, as if the bracelet had life on their own, guiding and pulling him towards the soldier.

“I didn’t know prison bracelets have minds.” He commented, might be amused. I had enough of those prison bracelets. I used them every day in catching criminals when I was still a police machine. It didn’t amuse me now, especially that I was currently bound by it.

“You try to escape and it will kill you.” The soldier warned Charlie. “Hurry up, man, the earl seems to have a bad temper.”

“He has in fact.” He agreed.

When they’re gone, I muttered the phrase ‘Alpha 1’ then I waited for a while until I heard the familiar voice from my tracker—it was Chris talking. They must be inside the interrogation room, just next to this prison cell.

I got silver ear-piercing on my left ear, to a normal human it looked like an accessory, but it wasn’t. The ear piece was actually a digitalized tracker, powered by voice recognition. It’s other half was attached to Charlie’s left arm, I put it there at the time I pulled him up from the hotel room. The tracker was so tiny, he didn’t even notice when I attached it to him. In dangerous mission, such as this, a lot of alternatives are needed.

You don’t fight your enemy, Zion, you outsmart them to win. Violence is only the last resort,” my bearer used to tell me that.

“I called Russ to arrange the money for your release.” I heard Chris. “He wasn’t answering though. I’m worrying about Lily now, the news I saw earlier wasn’t good.”