9 - True Intentions Part 1

Humans are amazing. They act what they want, they think what they want, and they do whatever that comes to their advantage. I wasn’t programmed that way. Machines were not like humans. However, I must seriously admit, that I was glad I wasn’t human. Because being a human is more complicated than being a machine. 

You see, I was created to be smart, but I could not comprehend the companion's motive as to why he went as far as to lie, all for the sake of his master’s life. When my bearer gave me my final mission, I could not comprehend his purpose for it, all I knew was that I had to accomplish it. At all cost. And, honestly, this was the side of humans which I don't like—the fact that I could not understand them.

“Zion!” The companion shouted when he saw me, my head popping out from the ceiling. When I was working for the Headquarters, I created some hidden passages around the Palace, and I was so smart at hiding myself that even General Smith could not doubt me. I believe this was the machines advantage, because we were initially programmed not to lie, and so most humans think that we were not capable of it. Unfortunately, without their knowledge, I was programmed differently. I should thank Positive Crime for it.

I met General Smith's eyes, and they were widened in surprise. I winked at him and he grimaced, as he said, “What are you doing here, Zion?”

With fast speed, I landed myself to the ground and stood next to the companion, who recently dropped his weapon down. Poor him, I thought. 

“Are you with them?” General Smith added, confusion struck his face.

“Aren’t I? Oh please, don't aim your guns at Chris—”

“It’s Lord Christendom!” He yelled.

But I added, anyway, “That could be very dangerous, you know.” And I was referring to the green soldiers who were still aiming their guns at my mission. “You know me, I don't lie.” LIE of course.

“Well, as you can see, we’re not in a good negotiation here, Zion. We're arresting these people and don't just stand there.” General Smith said, he was now putting the chains around the companion’s hands.

“What are you doing?” Chris yelled, “It was you who stole the ship, right? Get Charlie out of this.”

I did not want to delay anymore, so I offered my hands to General Smith, and said the things which surprised everyone in the room, especially the general, “I surrender myself.”

“What are you doing?” General Smith asked.

“I told you, General, it was I who stole the ship.”

“See? He did it.” Chris palmed his forehead.

“You couldn’t possibly do that—how and why?!” Some of the soldiers who knew me from before asked in unison.

“I needed a ship for my bearer’s mission.” General Smith irked his brows at me, I read him based on his facial expressions, and he was now quite doubtful. Although I can read him, I could not understand his humane emotions.

He put the chains on me, and my bearer’s code on my right wrist was now visible, then he said, “You could have asked the Palace for it, Zion. You might have resigned, but you're not a stranger to us. Why steal it now? Such a pity to put chains on you.”

“Ask my bearer if you want.” I said to him. “I could not answer it for you.” 

“He’ll have to explain this, you know. Positive Crime will receive his warrant of arrest as soon as you are detained.”

“Cease him...only if...you could find him.” 

“He's been a coward of reality, always hiding.” He pointed his forefinger at my head and added, “But we’ll search for him here.” He sighed before he turned around.