5 - Zion's Mission Part 1

This story is dedicated to my lovely, talented, and smart friends: Blessie and Jowee. They made this story keep going and possible. Thank you for believing in me. Haha! Zion is on the run!

Zion

There was only pitch black and complete unknowingness every time I charged myself. There was no sound, there was no sight, and there was no purpose. I would only regain my complicated processes when my system initialized.

Charging myself would literally mean I was dead in a human language. To charge was to sleep, and to sleep was dead, that’s how it always was.

There were three beeps that would help me determine if I was to be started. Hearing this beeps would tell me that I had to stop being “dead.”

One beep would mean that I had to start my system even without attaining a hundred percent. It was rarely used because it was only for emergency purposes, sometimes for my bearer’s selfish reasons.

Two beeps would mean an important message was to be received, so I had to start my system in order to accept the message or not. Charging back was our option to choose.

The last one, which was three beeps, would mean that I had attained a complete battery level. Attaining a complete charge would wake us up. That's what we commonly used.

But all these beeps were not present on a normal gadget. A.I. gadgets were different from combat machines. They could not start on their own. Even if they attained a complete charge, their bearer needed to switch them on.

Combat machines like me could start our own. We still have switches on our napes, but we don't need it most of the time. As long as we heard three beeps, that would switch us on.

A minute ago, I heard three beeps. And when I started myself, the missions and processes were flashed into me. Recent scenes recorded by my system prompted out, and the last scene was when I grabbed a man’s hand.

I saw his face.

And he was my target.

***

I found myself in a room. I checked the condition and it was a hotel room. I looked to my side there was an oversized bed, on it there was a man, and my hand was clutched to his own.

I let him go and checked his face. He was on my database. My system detected him as Christendom Query. My final mission.

I started checking his body conditions with my eyes. Infrared camera was built-in to my lenses, they could detect heat, any kind of heat, including the humans. And it was important to know his condition.

Good. He was healthy.

After the scan, I cocked my head to the side. “Seeing him in a close proximity is quite tragic. Not the usual man in these days.”

Well, he wasn't the person I expected him to be.

My bearer already warned me about this. What else did I expect?

I went to the windows and looked out below the building. I calculated the distance. We’re on floor eighty-one, not a very good spot for a human.

I glanced back to the bed, then back to the lively sky where colored lights kept flying like fireflies. A flying car won’t do. I needed a ship.

The Headquarters!

That would do.

My system clock told me that it was one fifty-five in the morning. I needed to bring him out here as soon as possible.