Chapter 11

《Blake Talabis as Diego》

◇♧♡♤

I went back to the grove everyday, and he was always there waiting for me. I've been coming here for the past four months, yes I stayed that long and today was a special day but I didn't feel like celebrating. It was his too.

I looked up to see a smiling Diego. "Morning," I returned his smile as I walked to my usual swing and swung back and forth gently as he sat next two me on the other. "You know, I have a surprise for you," he said still smiling like an idiot.

"You know I hate surprises," I reminded him. The last thing I wanted was for someone who barely knows me to actually do something for me. "Too bad," he said as I told me stay here for a moment. It wasn't as if I was going anywhere, right?

He came back holding a small, blue cupcake with a single candle on top while singing happy birthday softly. I gasped, no one has ever done something this nice for me, "Blow it out," he said as I blew out the tiny candle he had placed for me.

"Thank you," I said as we shared the cupcake together. We sat on the swings eating them in comfortable silence. "Why would you do that for someone like me?" I asked him, "What do you mean, someone like you?"
"I mean someone who hasn't exactly been the best person to you and I've never done anything for you but here you are," I stopped myself from rambling and did wild hand gestures showing the cupcake and being... my friend?

"I only did it because I know you need someone there to hold you up when you fall down and to comfort you, when you need comforting," he said. I was touched by his words, but what he said next made me happy, "Do you want to be my friend?"

"Yes!"

♡♡♡

He dragged me to a small park as we took a stroll. The wind blew through my curls as the scent of the autumn breeze filled my lungs. It was actually a beautiful day, I smiled at how nice Diego has been to me as he turned to me and smiled,"What?"
"Nothing," I said turning away as I looked at my watch. I still had time to hang out with him. We stopped at the very same edge of the grove that I now know as my hiding spot. I gasped, I seemed to be doing that a lot today, as they view of the horizon from up there was beautiful. The green in my eyes lit up as it reflected the calmness of the slow waves. I listened for the peaceful sound of the waves crashing against the rocks and shore as the salty scent replaced the once autumn breeze.

"Where are we?" I asked still entranced by the grove's beauty. "My little getaway," he said spreading open his arms as if he was opening a new building. I smiled even more as I sat at the cliff looking down to sea the small waves climbing up the cliff's side. "You know, you don't have to sit on the ground. I got my older brother and sister to help me build some swings. I turned around and see a sight so familiar for me but it was even more beautiful.

The swings hung down from strings as a string of artificial flowers tangled themselves down the sides of the rope that is holding the swing up. The tree looked exactly like the tree from me and my brother's grove. "Take a seat," he gestured to one of the seats as I sat on it gently as if I was afraid it would break. He started raining me back and forth as the seaside wisps of wind blew my hair back and forth. I've never felt so free. I realised that he had stopped swinging me and I turned to see him swinging along with me in sync.

I smiled and after a while, we stopped and got off. "Thank you," I said stepping towards him and engulfed him in a warm hug. We stayed like that for the next few minutes