Branch's Dream

It was later that night. Branch, Sparkles, and Butterfly had checked into the hotel Skie had mentioned earlier. Their room had two beds and a small couch in the corner.

"I call the uncomfy lookin' couch!" Butterfly declared running to the corner.

    The siblings followed. Sparkles flopped her bag on the bed closest to the door; claiming it for her own.

  "Oh, Butterfly. You and Sparkles can take the beds. I'll sleep on the couch" Branch protested

   "Well too bad. I already claimed it" she said unpacking her stuff, "Okay look", she put her hands on Branch's shoulders, "this weeks been stressful. You deserve to have good nights sleep".

•••

2:30 am

   Branch lied awake; staring at the ceiling. Sparkles and Butterfly had fallen asleep right away, he however was having trouble.

   He couldn't help but feel bad for leaving Poppy like he did. He tried not to worry, but he knew Poppy was not in a good place at the moment and all he wanted to do was hold her and kiss her beautiful face. He eventually dozed off, the thought of her remaining in his mind.

    Branch woke up suddenly to the sound of foot steps. He was back in Poppy's pod, she was sleeping next to him. He scanned the room and noticed a small crib on the opposite side of the room.

   He got out of bed and walked to it. Branch slowly peeked inside the small bassinet. Lying there was a small troll with glittery freckles and pastel pink hair. His realization hit him like a truck. Was this his kid?

    Branch reached to hold the baby in his arms when she disappeared. Sudden crying sounded throughout the pod. Poppy screamed and Branch spun around. She was passed out on the floor. He rushed to her.

   "Poppy! Poppy what's happening?" He asked frantically.

   She didn't respond.

  "Long time no see" an eerie voice said behind him.

    Branch turned to see a familiar troll in the dark, "what do you want from us?!".

   The troll slowly moved into light revealing his yellow pants and villainous smile, "hello Branch" his accent rang in Branch's ears. His eyes widened in fear,

"Creek?".

   Branch snapped awake, breathing heavily. Sunlight poured in through the window. He looked over to Sparkles bed, she was awake.

    "You okay buddy?" She asked putting down the book she was reading.

   Branch swallowed the lump in his throat, "Yeah...yeah it was just a bad dream".

So I decided to post two chapters today...I just thought they fit well together. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!