Picture

"Poppy..." Branch began. She lifted her head off his shoulder, "we should get going".

   Poppy nodded without saying anything and stood. Branch followed and held her hand as they walked back to the village. The forest was dark but the slight crescent moon in the sky provided a dim light.

   About halfway back Poppy stopped, her muscles tensed. She let go of Branch's hand and ran for a nearby bush.

"Whoa, are you ok?!" Branch asked stepping towards her. His answer consisted of coughing and gagging.

"I told you you shouldn't of eaten all that food" Branch stated.

"Shut up" Poppy snapped then threw up in the bush again.

   Branch stepped back, shocked, and hurt, by her words. Poppy turned to see his wide eyed expression. She sighed,

"I'm sorry Branch. I don't know what came over me". She continued coughing.

"Are you sure your ok?" Branch asked again.

"I'm fine" Poppy wiped her mouth her arm.

"The bunkers not that far from here, you should get to sleep".

"No!"

His eyes widened again.

"I'm sorry, I mean, no I can't. I gotta sleep at home tonight". Poppy yawned.

"Your clearly not feeling well and my place is closer".

"Branch...please".

   He looked down at Poppy practically half asleep against him and took a deep breath, "will it make you happy?".
She nodded, "ok".

Branch scooped Poppy off the ground and started walking, "but I'm staying with you".

She chuckled, "ok Branch".

🦋🍿🦋

"Alright Poppy and Branch have been gone for a long time and there most likely on their way back now". Butterfly explained while hiding behind a bush near Poppy's pod, "and when they show up I'll take the pictures".

"This plan is stupid".

   The fangirl stared at Popcorn next to her, "who has a blog with more that 800 viewers? Me, and I gotta give the readers what the want".

"What if they're at Branch's place tho?" Popcorn asked.

"Shhhh, I've had cameras set up out there forever". Butterfly whispered, "oh! Here they come!".

How does she predict these things? Popcorn thought.

   Branch strolled up with a sleeping Poppy in his arms. Except, Poppy didn't look like her normal self. She had lost her colors and was now a depressed shade of grade. Yet she still slept with a smile on her face.

"Ah Yes! It's better than I thought" Butterfly said taking multiple pictures.

"I...don't think Poppy not being pink is 'better than we thought'" Popcorn said.

"I'm not worried about it...I saw crap tons of others who grey too. Look! My fingertips are still faded".

"So you stalk people for views?" Popcorn asked, changing the subject.

"Stalker makes me sound creepy, I prefer the term committed fan. Got it!" Butterfly cheered looking at the camera.

🦋🍿🦋

  Branch placed Poppy in her bed as she slept. Her colors where still missing which made him worried but,  Branch didn't think that much about it. Things would clear up in the morning. He lied next to Poppy, her arms wrapped around him, "goodnight Poppy" Branch said.

"Good night Branchie" Poppy mumbled.