Poppy

"It was fun hanging out with you today Guy, but I promise Poppy I'd check on her" Popcorn told GD, heading to Poppy's pod.

   "I'll come with you" he suggested.

Popcorn smiled in response, "just be chill around her okay. She's been...off lately".

   "How so?"

   The two entered the queens pod and Popcorn pushed his question to the side. The pod was a mess. Tissues and blankets littered the floor, the bed was torn apart and the kitchen seemed barely functional. Poppy ,however, was out of sight.

   "Wow...she really let herself go" GD commented.

   "Yeah...I'm gonna have to come back and clean up", she responded, "Poppy! I'm back! How are you doing?" She called.

   The lock on the bathroom door clicked and the sleep deprived queen walked out. She had a blankets wrapped around her and her hair was frizzy and unkempt.

   "Didn't take that nap I suggested, huh?" Popcorn said.

   "No" Poppy flopped on the bed.

   "Have you eaten yet today?"

   "I had tea. Does that count?" Poppy sat up and faced them.

   Popcorn chuckled, "not really".

   Guy couldn't help but notice that Poppy's stomach was a little bigger than usual. She was also wearing a large lavender dress unlike her usual blue one.

   "Poppy you're putting on some weight don't you think?" He finally said.

   Her eyes widened as her attention snapped to him, "Oh my god, GD! Popcorn you didn't tell me he was coming".

   "It was last minute. I'm so-".

  Poppy jumped up out of bed and stood in front of Guy Diamond, "you can't tell anyone. I'm trusting you".

   "Tell anyone what?" He asked confused.

   "You...you said something about my pregnancy bump" she replied.

   "Wait your pregnant?!"

   "Please don't tell anyone! I'm not ready for the whole village to know yet".

   "For how long??"

Poppy sat on the foot of her bed, "I don't know, three weeks".

  "Three weeks?!"

  "Yep" She lied on her back, "huh my back hurts".

  "You should probably get some rest" Popcorn responded.

  "Alright" Poppy groaned as she got back in bed.

   "You have enough pillows and everything?"

  "Yeah, plenty" Poppy rolled on her side, "Hey Popcorn?".

  "Yes?".

  "Can you do me a favor?"

  "Sure what is it?" Popcorn sat at the foot of the bed.

  "Do you think you can bring me some more tea? I already made all the stuff in the pouch".

   "Of course. Are you sure you're not hungry?".

   "I'm sure. I just need to sleep".

   The gold troll smiled, "alright. I'll check on you again tonight".

  "Okay, thank you".

   And with that Popcorn and Guy left leaving Poppy alone so she could sleep.

   Poppy rolled over to her other side. Then onto her back, "How does anyone sleep with one of these?" She mumbled to herself; placing a hand on her stomach.

   She sighed. Poppy tried not to worry,  but the thought of Branch kept creeping back into her mind.
"I bet you miss him too, huh kiddo?"
She said to her tummy, "he'll be back soon...I promise".