eleven » how to be petty

Apparently, Zoë knew a crap ton about Nyx Atwood

Apparently, Zoë knew a crap ton about Nyx Atwood. The girl could practically write Nyx's autobiography.

       She knew Nyx's entire history with Declan from A to Z with details in almost perfect bullet points. She knew all about Nyx's family, her daily schedule, and every situation that ever occurred involving her.

        Selene gasped as she stared up at her best friend once she had finished. "That's... a lot."

        Zoë shrugged. "I don't think it's that much."

       In that hour Selene had learned that Nyx was bi, and exactly how she and Declan had first started dating. Zoë had started talking about how they lost her virginities to each other but Selene cut her off. Nyx was a fencer who spent almost everyday fencing and yelling 'en garde' or whatever the hell fencers did during practice. She had won a few competitions so according to Zoë , jumping her was already out of the question. Nyx was riding high on a scholarship to University of Alberta that she had gotten back in November so according to Zoë she walked around thinking she was top shit and apparently everytime Nyx had seen Zoë she had asked her if she had gotten her acceptance to Ryerson to which Zoë had begrudgingly always responded 'no' and Nyx had always given her a fake pity look with a 'I'm sure you'll hear something soon' and proceed to talk about her scholarship to UofA.

        Selene decided, half asleep, that Nyx was simply a bitch. And it made her even more repulsed by Declan. How could he have dated someone so arrogant and then date Zoë and then Selene but still--according to Verona--be unable to let her go?

        She had been ignoring Declan since the party the week before. And she knew that he knew. She kept their snapchat streak alive but refused to respond to any of his messages and all his calls got sent to voicemail. Though she didn't particularly like his presence, she grew bored without it. She had slipped into a routine that consisted of Declan's mere existence and now that routine had been broken.

         At school, she sat next to Verona, with earbuds in, ignoring Declan's mere existence.

        Carlos had even messaged her--she had no idea how he had gotten her number--to ask if they had broken up.

        Selene had only responded with an 'idk. Ask him since he obviously wants to be with other people'.

        Carlos had sent back a grimace emoji in response.

        It had been a whole week when Declan called her. She sent it to voicemail, after all, she was still supposed to be mad at him and it was Saturday so Zoë was over and Selene was becoming increasingly hesitant to have Zoë listen in to her conversations with Declan.

       Declan called twice more before Zoë reached for Selene's phone and answered for her, turning it on speaker phone.

        Selene was so shocked all she could do was stare at Zoë . What the absolute fuck?