10

Chris and I stayed at the spa for three hours. That's way longer than it felt and such a needed break. Vacation is good and all but this made it so much better.

"Well, if it isn't the match made in Heaven." Kristián says with a wide smile.

I roll my eyes and it feels good after the relaxing spa to get my eyes exercising again.

Jóhann teases Chris with hand gestures and movements and I smirk, seeing everything.

"I'm not blind, Jóhann."

He stops and smiles sheepishly. "Sorry."

They open the door to my room and I gasp.

A beautiful brown and white Cavalier King Charles Spaniel sits on a puppy bed. She looks up at me and wags her cute little tail.

"We named her Belle." Jón says from beside her. "Ella's a french bulldog and her name's short for Cinderella, right? And we thought since this one's also from France, like really from here, Belle would suit her."

I scoop her up and cradle her in my arms.

"She's so cute." I say softly into her ears.

She licks my face and I laugh.

"Another surprise." Chris says with a proud smile.

I look between him and Jón. "Let me guess. You left us at Disney, for this little one."

They shrug and I shake my head in disbelief, smiling at my new puppy.

"But how will I get her home?" I ask, suddenly feeling the weight of all the things I should take care of including this new puppy.

"We took care of it, Heather." Jón says, putting an arm around me.

I sit beside him, Belle growing still as she drifts off to sleep.

"Thank you. So much." I whisper.

They give me one big group hug and soon, we say goodnight.

Belle sleeps on her bed beside mine and I can't help but smile every time I look at her.

I look up at the ceiling.

"God, I'm sorry for being such an emotional wreck. But I know You hear me and love me all the same. I know You are with me and I have no reason to be afraid of the future or of any man. Thank You for being so good and giving me my family. Even mom up there. I'm sorry for forgetting about You often within the day. Please help me grow deeper with You. I need You. There's so much going on. I need You." I feel myself drifting off and I get up from my kneeling position and slide into bed. "I love You."

***
I'm greeted with another surprise this morning. But I don't think this is part of their plan.

"I'm sorry, Heather. We reached the one week limit." Jón says sadly. "Kristián and I have work and this one has school. Well, Kristián has some classes too."

He nudges Jóhann who nods sadly.

"It's okay. I didn't even expect you to come along." I say, putting on a smile. Truth is, I'm so glad they came along and I'm more worried now that they're leaving.

"No more extensions?" Chris asks.

Jón shakes his head. "I got called back. They cut my vacation off. They need me. Kristián too. And we don't want to leave Jóhann here with you two. He should go back to school anyway."

Jóhann huffs but smiles anyway.

"Wait. So Chris is staying?" I ask, looking at Chris.

He smiles shyly. "Is it okay?"