TWENTY-FOUR

Taehyung

Jungkook shoved me off the sofa trying to win against me, but I managed to keep my ass planted and pressed down harder on the control. I jumped to my feet cheering as I crossed the finish line first and Jungkook cried out in anger.

"How is this the fifth time you've beaten me?" Jungkook said, tossing the control onto the sofa making Jimin laugh "You have to be cheating,"

"Never," I grinned, "I won fair and square. I can't help it if I'm good at Mario Cart. Now, since you are my slave for the rest of the day, go make me a drink,"

"Do you trust him?" Jimin asked, "He could put salt in it,"

"If he does, then he has to down the drink instead. But I'll add more salt to it,"

"We are no longer friends!" Jungkook said walking into the kitchen "Yeontan, your dad is a total bastard,"

My puppy barked and rushed over to me when I clicked my fingers. I lifted him into my arms and kissed him, making him lick me. I laughed at Jungkook when he sent me the middle finger and I relaxed on my sofa.

"Hey, Taehyung?" Jimin said, "Do you think Hana is ok?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, she was wearing a lot of makeup and she was really jumpy. I was just wondering what was going on with her since you two are pretty close," Jimin said, "I saw her sitting with Jin at lunch and it looked like they were arguing,"

"Yeah," I sighed, "She's as ok as she can be,"

"Hana is being beaten," Jungkook said coming over to me with my drink "I know this because of what I went through. All the signs are there,"

"Jin is beating her?" Jimin exclaimed "Why doesn't she leave him? And why haven't we beat him up yet?"

"Hana is scared of him," I said, "I've tried to tell her to leave but she can't,"

"Why not?"

Jungkook tutted "She's probably thinking that it's her fault that she's getting punched and kicked. Hana obviously can't see that she isn't at fault. Jin is,"

"Can we call the cops?" Jimin asked.

"No," I said, "It will just make it worse. Guys, I don't know what to do. I want to protect her but I can't. She won't let me,"

Jungkook put his hand on my shoulder "I don't think that is it. Maybe she is scared that Jin will ruin your career and if she tells you, things will get worse,"

"I hate knowing what happens to her and I can't do anything," I sighed, "I want to protect the woman I love but it's hard. I want to bang on her front door and I want to beat the shit out of Jin. So much, that he won't be able to speak or walk again,"

"We'll figure something out," Jimin shrugged and lifted my phone "Oh. Shit. Tae, you have so many missed calls,"

I snatched my phone away from him "I don't know the number,"

"You better call back," Jungkook said, "It could be important,"

I quickly called them back and chewed my bottom lip as I waited for them to answer. The ringing tone cut off and I spoke before they did.

"Sorry I missed your calls," I said quickly "Who is this and what do you want?"

"Taehyung,

"Hana?" I said and the boys looked at me "What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"Define ok,"

"Where are you?" I asked getting to my feet "Is everything ok? Did Jin hurt you again? Shit. I'm coming over. Don't move. I'm-"

"I'm with a friend, Taehyung. I'm ok. As ok as I can be"

"Fuck. Where are you?" I said, grabbing my jacket "Jungkook, drive me to where she is"

"I'm coming with you," Jimin said rushing to his shoes "Let's go kick some ass,"

"There won't be an ass-kicking," Hana said, "I need...I'll message you the address but please don't get too angry"

"Not going to happen. Not when it comes to you, Hana," I said walking out the front door and Yeontan trotted out behind me "No. You need to stay at home, Yeontan. Be good until I get back,"

"No, bring him with you. I could do with a puppy cuddle"

"Did you call me just to see my dog?"

Hana laughed "No. Taehyung, can you hurry please?"

I scooped Yeontan into my arms and locked the front door, and followed my friends out of the building "Jungkook is driving, so I'll be there in no time,"

"I'll see you soon then...oh and Taehyung, thank you for calling back," She said before hanging up. My phone buzzed and I read out the address to Jungkook.

I bit into my bottom lip as Jungkook sped down the road, weaving in and out of traffic. My heart was in my throat and I was worried about the state I met Hana in. I was scared that she would be covered head to toe in bruises.

"We are here," Jungkook said skidding to a stop. I pushed the door open and raced up the stairs, banging on the door. Yeontan sat by my feet barking and my friends stood close behind me.

It didn't take long for the door to open and I looked at a guy. He smiled at me and I tried to string a sentence together, but it was no use. I couldn't get my words out.

"You must be Taehyung," He said, "I'm Hoseok and oh my god, you have a puppy!"

"Where is Hana?"

"Oh, shit. Sorry," He said, "Follow me and you can bring your friends in. The more the merrier and before I forget," He looked over his shoulder "Ignore what my boyfriend is about to say to you. He is very protective over Hana because she is like our little sister,"

"It's fine,"

"And I guess being a cop means that-"

"A cop?" Jungkook said, "Fuck this shit. I'm not going into a house with a cop!"

"You aren't 16 years old anymore, Jungkook," Jimin said, "Grow a pair. Hana is more important than what this guys boyfriend does,"

Hoseok laughed "Come in, come in. Make yourself at home. I'll put the kettle on,"