Chapter 14: Disturbance

Start from the beginning

She saw Jungkook gulping down a glass of banana milk in the kitchen. Gross. She almost forgot.

"Uh... Jungkook? Look, I'm not trying to be nice or anything, but thanks for the blanket  yesterday." Then she quickly ran out of the door before he got a chance to say something.

She met up with her unnies and the three of them complained about Nayeon waking them up early. Taehyung, Yugyeom, and Sehun came up to them to ask if they got the call. The boys were informed by Yoongi. Then, they all, without thinking, asked, "So, who's bringing earplugs?" and burst into laughter.

Tzuyu saw Lisa leaning against a locker while Jungkook kissed her-- over Sehun's shoulder. A teacher was shaking her head at them disapprovingly. Sehun turned to look at them, too, "Yeah, I know, they need help." He and Tzuyu grinned.

The friends kept talking for some time until the bell rang. They didn't have to go to homeroom today because some of the staff was having a meeting. Tzuyu had forgotten to go to her locker, so she came late to class. The teacher was okay with it because she wasn't here yesterday and it was only the third day of school. But...

"Tzuyu dear, since there aren't any seats left, would you mind sitting with Jungkook for today?"

What?! He's in the same class as me?! Someone, kill me now!

"It's alright. I-I can sit on the floor, or that broken desk back there." She pointed at a century-old looking desk with a broken leg in the back of the room.

"Tzuyu dear, do you have any problem sitting with Jungkook?"

"Yes!" they both cried and glared at each other. The teacher smiled like she was remembering the old days of her life.

"It's only for today. Now, no more discussion, we have to start the class. Thank you."

Tzuyu reluctantly took her seat beside him. He scooched over to the other side.

 The whole hour was a mess. Jungkook kept testing out his pens on her notebook pages, so she purposely dropped her heavy textbook on his foot. He gave a small welp but the teacher heard him.

 "Is there anything wrong, Jungkook?"

"Nope," he said through clenched teeth.

"Oh, okay."

He pinched her on the arm and she pinched him back. They had an insulting-battle: idiot, jerk, dumb, witch, stupid, smelly, ('b' word), ('f' word); and a whole lot of other swear words.

When the teacher heard them say the really bad ones, she told them to stand outside the class because they were causing a disturbance. Some kids sitting behind them snickered while they were roasting each other instead of paying attention to the lesson.

"It's all your fault, jerk!" Tzuyu whispered-yelled at him after the teacher had gone inside.

"My fault? You were the one who dropped the book on my foot!"

"You were writing on my paper! Why don't you use your own? And I'm sure your smelly foot is okay."

"You pinched me!"

"You pinched me first, idiot!"

"Who are you calling an idiot?"

"You, because I don't see anyone else here, do you?"

"Yup, Lisa, right over there. Hey babe!"

Lisa, who had been going to the bathroom, turned around and her eyes widened at seeing her man with the girl she hated. She ran towards them. "What are you two doing together?"

"Got kicked out because of her," he said and jabbed a finger at Tzuyu's direction.

"What? Because of me? Lisa, he was the one annoying me!" Tzuyu said. She knew that there was no point in telling her because Lisa was not going to listen to her anyways.

"But she kicked you out, too," Lisa said, her insides filling with proudness because she had finally said something smart to Tzuyu ~for the first time in forever.~

"Good point," chuckled Jungkook.

"But who started it? Not me!" snapped Tzuyu.

"Shutup witch! If you do something to my oppa, I'll..."

"What?"

"I'll..."

"You'll what, Lisa?" she pressed.

"I"ll do something you wouldn't like!" she yelled and her face got red because she realized how childish she sounded.

"I'll love to see you try."

"Whatever, witch," she huffed and walked away.

Tzuyu glanced at Jungkook, and he was smiling.

"Stop smiling like an idiot! Good thing the teacher did not give us detention."

"It wouldn't be your first time with me, though."

"Yeah, but I don't want to get the first detention of the year!"

"That would've been a record for you, I'm sure."

Nope, I've gotten detention on the first day of school once in fifth grade. That was the only detention given out to someone in the first term.

"How can you swear so easily?" She couldn't imagine how could people not feel uncomfortable with those kinds of words coming out of their mouths.

"I just do. Want me to teach you some good ones?" he smiled an evil smile that she did not like.

"Oh, hell no!" She was about to slap him hard on the shoulder when the teacher came out. She gave them each disapproving looks.

"You guys are being given a punishment, yet I can still hear you two from inside."

Jungkook and Tzuyu looked down.

"Look, I know that you two are not very fond of each other, but at least try to cooperate for today. According to the reports from your previous teachers, you guys were the top students in the years before. I want you to be good models for younger students and your classmates who are not doing as well as you."

"Yes, ma'am," both of them said simultaneously. 

"I expect something better from you next time, okay?" she said, touching each of their arms lightly as they nodded. "You may come inside now, the class is almost over."

She walked inside and held the door for them. Tzuyu took it from her. The teacher smiled and went in. Tzuyu whispered you're welcome,  as Jungkook walked past her, not even saying thank you; not that she was expecting one. He gave her a slight push and went inside without a word.