He pulled away too soon and we were both panting heavily. "Your boyfriend? I thought..." he asked in a confused tone. I grabbed his face again and made our eyes meet. His blue eyes consumed mine and gave me the feeling they always did. I didn't see lust all I saw was pure happiness. "You mean more to me than a cheating boyfriend," I said softly.

He took my answer as his queue to bring his lips to mine again. He pecked my lips sweetly. It was just a simple chaste kiss. But it meant the world to me. "Don't leave me," Lucas said sounding almost vulnerable.

"Only if you don't leave me," I said giving him a small smile. He pulled me into a hug. I fit snug in his big comforting arms. "We'll make it out of here alive. I know it." He whispered into my ear then continued. "And when we do. I promise that I'll have you with me."

•••
Lucas McMillan's POV.
Day 6, morning

I woke up to see Meghan sleeping soundly in my arms as the raft bobbed back and forth. She was beautiful even in her sleep. She slept in between my legs just how I liked her to be.

I have never confessed anything like that to a girl before. And feeling her lips on my mine made me only want her more. Her eyes are perfect. Her mouth is perfect. Her voice is perfect. Her body is perfect. Fuck. Everything about her is fucking perfect.

Watching her intently only made me hate her boyfriend even more. Before she fell asleep she told me more about him. He treated her wrong and she didn't deserve that. No one did, but especially her.

I felt her stir and I watched as she slowly opened her eyes, revealing her crisp blue orbs that captured me every time.

She lifted her head and met my eyes. I watched as she slowly blushed to realize how close we were. And how close we were last night.

"Good morning beautiful," I said. She stifled a laugh. That was the first time I heard her laugh and it was music to my ears. "Trust me I probably look like a crazy person. I don't even want to think about my hair." She said smiling.

This made me smile. She sat up and stretched with her arms above her head, giving me a full view of her breasts. Which frankly I didn't mind for but just watching her made me hard. I looked away to give her some respect.

I looked up and saw her bright red after knowing that I looked. She shouldn't be self-conscious. She has nothing to be self-conscious about. "Sorry. I'm not used to being under someone's eyes like this." She admitted looking away from me. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "Well Nico, my boyfriend always told me to dress conservatively. It was respectful to him or something. He never spared me a second glance when I wore something somewhat revealing."

Just hearing her say 'my boyfriend' brought an unknown pain to my chest. Hearing the way he treated her made me sick. I wanted to beat this guy up so bad. When she noticed I didn't say anything she spoke. "Oh my god I need to stop talking about that worthless thing"

"He sounds lovely," I growled. I felt Meghan's eyes snap to me when I said this. She was still sitting in between my legs, but she somehow scooted closer. "Lucas. Don't worry about it. I won't talk about it anymore," She calmly stated.

"How can I not worry that when we get out of here that some man who treats you with little to no respect will take you away from me," I said leaning back onto the raft and closing my eyes to try and rid of my boner she gave me whenever she sat in between my legs like that.

"You know I won't let that happen." She said sighing. It was just silence. I wasn't uncomfortable, it was just the silence we were used to.

After a few moments, she laid back down on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her and sighed. "I'm just... worried," I admitted.

"About?" She said showing that she wanted to listen. "You know why," I said letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"No Lucas. Please explain." She said jokingly. She knew exactly what I meant. Yet here she was demanding I tell her. God damn even when she's demanding she's hot.

"I'm worried that when he takes you away. I won't have you to myself anymore. That I won't be able to kiss you anymore. Or hold you in my arms." I said honestly.

"Well—" Meghan started But was interrupted but Darcy.

"Finally!" Darcy squealed waking up Michael who was next to her.

We both turned our heads to Darcy who was grinning ear to ear at us. "Hmmm. Kissing I see?" She said smugly.

"Darcy!" Meghan screeched turning her beautiful shade of crimson and putting her hands over her face in bewilderment. This action got a laugh out of me and Darcy.

"So you did kiss! Look she is embarrassed. Silly rabbit Trix is for kids." Darcy said shaking her head at us and crawling her way over.

I heard Michael laugh then saw his movements to us. Being trapped on a raft with them made it slightly better, to be honest. They kept me sane.

We all laid together. Meghan moving to my side with Darcy and Michael in between us. I wrapped an arm around the backside of the raft we were leaning against, bringing us all closer.

This was all I needed to survive. The support from others.

•••
Day 6, midday

We all sat together enjoying the calmness. I heard a faint noise but ignored it feeling sleepy and weak once again. I could only use so much energy at once.

I heard the noise again and noticed Darcy sitting up. She was looking at something with wide eyes just on the other side of the raft.

I looked up to see what she was looking at. She stared with wide eyes at a sleeping Edmond. I glanced over and my eyes became wide too.

And albatross stood atop his head looking out to the water. "Lucas." She whispered ever so quietly. "Am I just imagining that?" She said.

"No... I see it too." I said licking my dry lips. "We need to catch it," Darcy said shifting slightly.

"Don't move," I warned putting a hand out to show her to stop in case she didn't hear me I was being so soft-spoken. We both froze when we heard a groan from Edmond and then watched as he moved his head slightly. The albatross flapped its wings and lifted its legs before settling back onto Edmond's head.

Me and Darcy both let out a sigh of relief when the albatross thankfully didn't fly away. I felt sweat form on my head from the intense heat of an after storm.

But right now, all we had to do was catch this bird. Our lives depended on it. Quite literally too.

•••