First Encounter

"Hah... That was nice." Minako burped.
"Did you really have to burp?" I asked.
"A lady shouldn't burp in public you know." Ikutsuki said.
"Huh? Shut up." She said, glaring towards Ikutsuki.
"I have to side with Ikutsuki, a lady that burps in public is like a lady that doesn't value herself." I said. Ikutsuki was chucking.
"Are we going to make this into an argument?" She groaned.
"Ah, shouldn't we see Igor?" Minako asked.
"Ah,right." I said, looking at the time.
"If it's something important then I wouldn't interfere. Now then go where you have to go." Ikutsuki smiled. We said our thanks and ran towards the neared alleyway. There we found a blue door. I opened the door and walked towards one of the chairs. Minako looked around the area the followed suit.
"Welcome to the Velvet Room." Elizabeth greeted us with a bow.
"It seems you have met your house owner, more or less a friend." Elizabeth gave a smile.
"Why is he our owner!?" Minako questioned Igor, referring to Ikutsuki. I can understand since he was someone who betrayed us for something so grim.
"I... Also want to know." I spoke up.
"That, you must find the answer yourselves." Igor said, he then snapped his fingers sending us outside of the Velvet Room. I saw Minako's face turning red. I would do the same but they only guide us. The answers we must find ourselves in the end,huh?
"... At least this time we are standing with our clothes still dry." I tried lighting the mood.
".. Haha, that's true." Minako giggled.
"Well, how about we ask Ikutsuki?" I asked.
"Do you have to bring his name up?" Minako gave a fed up expression.
"Well he does know something about this realm." I suggested. She nodded and we headed back to our dorm. We saw Ikutsuki on the couch that was in the living room. He had a piece of paper on his hand.
"What should I write?" Ikutsuki said to himself, tapping the pen on the table.
"Weird, do you have a speech?" Minako then sat down on one of the couches.
"No, I'm just writing some jokes down." Ikutsuki said. Me and Minako groaned towards the word 'jokes'. Ikutsuki would make a joke, not any other joke but a bad one.. And he thinks its funny. I don't want to recall some of them.
"Yeah alright, anyway we have a question." I said to Ikutsuki. His eyebrows lift up, wondering what's the sudden urge for a question. Especially out of the blue.
"Go on."
"Why are you the one taking care of us, or even why are you here? You're a shadow aren't you?" Minako asked. Ikutsuki seemed confused at first but then spoke up.
"Ah, i see. Very well then, shadows are the... Do you know what shadows are?Well, shadows can mean a lot of things, an entity, our true selves or even a mask we wear. Almost the same as a persona. Shadows are interpreted as our weaker selves, the one that hides our true selves,the entity in our heart that we don't want to face." Ikutsuki stood up and walked towards the window. It was night. The moon was a bright yellow.
"To be exact, we never actually understood them. My research on them was little, considering the time I had." Ikutsuki then looked towards us.
"A persona and a shadow is the same thing. The same entity. The difference is that can we except that other selves?" Ikutsuki asked, a sad expression was on his face.
"I ....don't know..." I said, looking sadly to the ground.
"You manage to unlock your personas, you are fine, but does who can't experiences  a lot of suffering." Ikutsuki then sat down back on the couch.
"Well, let's drop that topic since the mood became really gloomy." Ikutsuki said.
"Aren't you hun-." Ikutsuki was cut of from the sound the door being banged. All of us stood up, shocked.
"What was that!?" Minako said, she looked around to find her evoker.
"Its a shadow!" Ikutsuki said.
"What!? A shadow? Why would it attack here!?" I asked.
"I don't know, for now get to the roof." Ikutsuki said. We then ran up the stairs.
"Ah here." Ikutsuki then gave us a weapon, I got my short sword back and Minako got her Naginata.
"Go!" Ikutsuki said. We reached the roof. The moon was bright. It was a full moon. Suddenly, I got deja vu.
"The roof.." I said. I recall some bad memories here.
"Why must it be here?" Minako sighed.
"Grrrr!!!!!" Suddenly, a shadow came up, it climbed up the building. It had a lot of arms and legs, kinda reminds me my first encounter with one of them.
"Oh crap!" Minako said. We put our evokers to our temples and pulled the trigger.
"Helel!"
"Surf!"
.. Nothing happened.
"Huh!? What happened.?" I asked.
"Did it not work!?" Minako trembled when the shadow got closer. The shadow almost hit her when I jumped in front of her, taking the blow instead. I got flung towards the side.
"Minato!" She shouted.
"Ah, now I know how Yukari felt.." I joked. Why can't we use our personas? Or is it something else?
"Eurydice!" Minako then did the same thing again, but this time the persona was summoned.
"It worked!" She then ordered the persona to attack the shadow.
"Its ineffective. Crap!" Minako bit her nails. I got up, and summoned my persona.
"Orpheus!" I attacked it from behind, making it a pincer attack.
"Grr! Grahhh!!!!" The shadow screamed, eventually disappearing into a black smoke.
"Well that was over.." I began to lose conscious.
"Minato..!"  I was about to  fainted.
"Minato! Minato...!" It began to blur and I could only hear static in my ear. I closed my eyes. Man, what a pain. This is what happens when you don't use your persona for years huh. Crap I feel tired. I then woke up in a blue room, the Velvet Room. The music of an aria is then heard, soothing my ears.
"Ah, I see you're awake." Igor said. I looked around me. Minako was nowhere to be seen.
"Where is Minako?" I asked.
"Don't fret, she is asleep and well. It seems like you two are in the hospital." A woman was chuckling in the distance.
"I'm sorry, but its a sense of deja vu, isn't it?" Elizabeth giggled.
"Well then, you must have found out that you cannot use other personas. We were about to tell you, but it seems time is kind. You can only use your initial persona, but there is a ln exception for Thanatos." Igor explained.
"I see.."
"Well, I shouldn't keep you much longer here. Until we meet again." Igor said. My consciousness began to fade.
"Uh.. Ah.." I opened my eyes and yawned. The hospital, what sense of deja vu. I sat up straight and looked towards my left. Minako was asleep. She was sound asleep, she looked beautiful. Is what I thought.
"What am I thinking?" I said to myself.
"Good morning." I turn to see Minako waking up. She sat up and stretched.
"Hahh. Man, I'm beat." Minako yawned.
"You okay?" I asked.
"I'm alright." She said. There was a small gap is silence.
"... Thanks." She said.
"For what?" I asked, not recalling what happened.
"For protecting me." She looked towards me. Our eyes met. Its been a while since I been this warm. I don't recall the last time I received this warmth. When I look at her eyes, I can't help to be relaxed. Suddenly, the door smacked opened. We then broke our contact and looked away, Minako looking downwards and me looking towards the person who entered.
"You're awake." Ikutsuki pant.
"Yo, how's your day." I replied.
"Hell. Its been 1 month." Ikutsuki said.
"Wait really!?" Minako shouted.
"Quiet, this is a hospital." I said to Minako.
"Sorry." Minako whispered.
"Anyway, what happened to you?" I asked.
"Because of the two of you, I had to clean up some of the mess, and here I am tired." Ikutsuki had a bag of something I didn't notice.
"What's that?" Minako questioned about the bag.
"Oh, do you want donuts?" Ikutsuki took a donut out of the bag.
"Please." Both of us were tired anyway.