ELEVEN

Saturday, July 14, 2012.

Hey there.

~H~

HAYDEN'S POINT OF VIEW.

"Whoa was that an actual beard?" Lainey is currently staring at a picture I had placed in my car when I was still sulking about cutting off my facial hair.

"Definitely." It took me 3 years to grow it and it took a day for Scarlett to convince me to cut it off.

"You look like Santa, thank God I want around for that phase." She laughed holding the picture up to my face. I  focused on the road, we are on our way to Brooklyn and we are just thirty minutes in and shots are already being fired at me.

"My beard was a lady magnet." Although Scarlett won't admit, she totally fell for the beard too.

"More like flies magnet." She retorted.

"Hater." She let out a low laugh as she drops the picture.

"Thank you for this..." She said sounding serious.

"Anytime." I took a quick glance at her, giving her a small smile before looking ahead.

"Holy shit." I heard Lainey yell, I turned to see her increasing the volume of the car stereo.

"Please Mr boss man, I need this job more than you know but he gave me my last paycheck and he sent me..." Lainey gave me an expectant look as she snag out loud, probably thinking I would join her.

I don't know or remember this song.

"Seriously?" She smacked my shoulders as she sang louder. I miss this soothing sound of her horrible voice, yet she always dared to sing this loud.

"Am I meant to know this?" I swerved into a quiet street, still listening to the song that I am apparently supposed to know.

"You ass, I made you listen to this song a week straight on our way to school!" She examined.

Oh! Now I remember, not the song but me pretending to actually listen with her ear piece when the music wasn't actually on.

"Oh! The be honest, I wasn't listening." I laughed as she smacked my arm again.

That actually hurts.

"Hey, trying to get us killed." I exclaimed.

"I am so making you listen to the album by Aloe Blacc when we get home." A smile erupted on my cheeks when I heard her say the word "home", this best words ever. It makes me happy that she recognize my place as her home.

"What are you smiling about?" I looked at her then back at the road, a smile still plastered on my face.

"I am just happy." I said truthfully. When she was suddenly quiet, I regretted my confession, I just made her uncomfortable and awkward.

Nice job, Hayden.

"Me too." She voice came as a whisper but I heard it, followed by complete silence which was okay.

~~~~~

"This has been the best birthday ever." Lainey yelled as she skipped ahead of me down the road. Apparently the bar grandma used to sing at is now a restaurant, so change of plans.

We walked down the streets of Brooklyn, we talked, took pictures, watched a band perform, went to a carnival, rode on some rides and played a couple of games.

I am glad she is happy.

It's a good look on her, a beautiful smile plastered on her face, her cheeks red in excitement, her hair bouncing up and down as she skips down the street as we head to the car.

"That's not the way to that car, you..." I paused when she collided into someone.

I rushed to ensure she was okay, but the person had already held her up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Malia?" The person asked, looking at Lainey like he knows her before. The man is a huge guy with lots of tattoos on his exposed arm, his head shaved.

He looks dangerous.

"I am sorry I don't know you." Lainey dusted off her clothes and I could see she's in haste to leave.

She knows him, I know she's lying.

"What the fuck Malia, I know it's you." The man yelled, before he could grab Lainey, I stepped in the middle.

"Don't you dare touch her man, she said she does not know you." I pushed him back.

"Hayden, let's just go." Lainey muttered.

"You don't know the girl you are with man, she's going to fuck you over." He spat in my face.

I was going to punch him for disrespecting Lainey but she held my hands.

"Let's go Hayden." She tries dragging me away.

"Don't you ever come near her." I threatened before letting Lainey drag me away.

~~~~

Tuesday , January 16, 2006.

LAINEY'S POINT OF VIEW

I raised my head up when I saw a tray drop on my table and of course it's the pest.

Hayden.

"What are you doing?" My eyes scanned the  cafeteria, noticing people's are staring at my corner, People hardly look over here, there's nothing to look at but someone just gave them a reason to.

I know what you are thinking, I am not a nerd (I always narrowly escape summer school) or a geek, I am not part of the emo squad  and I am defiantly not popular.  I am just average and I am perfectly cool with my average live but someone wants to ruin it.

"Sitting with you." He pulls out a chair. I tried to stop him from fully there pulling it out.

This place isn't my territory, people also seat here, average people but Hayden here have gained more popularity in 2 weeks than I will ever have in this school.

He seats with equally popular people, cliche, I know. You need to see those little girls that climb they rule the school..

I want to puke.

Now they are probably looking at me, shooting daggers.

"Trying to sit?" He smiled like he doesn't know the attention  he's causing to my side.

"And why would you do that?" I glared, hoping he would take the hit and leave.

"If I can vividly remember, you told me where you sit at lunch." Oh! That.

"I told you but I didn't mean you should come and sit with me for fuck sake. " I half yelled.

"Well, I am here."  He seats down dragging the seat from my had.

"And I am gone." I stood up picking up my try.

"Come on, don't be like this." He urged me to stay.

"Eat well, Hayden." With that I walked away.

~~~~

Whoa, who do you think that man was?  And Malia?

I_am_ifeee