Chapter 1 - Wedding Bells

What a muslim spends on his family for seeking pleasure of Allah is also counted as charity

Wedding bells

"Ammi, I have nothing to wear what am I gonna do?" I ask dramatically.

"Ayaat calm down, Its my wedding not yours" My older brother Yusuf says.

"I am you sister and I have nothing to wear and your asking me to calm down?" I give him a look.

No matter how much I fought with my him I always loved him. We had a special bond, something I dint have with my sister either. I was always free with him and now he was getting married...Finally after every one of us tried convincing him, he agreed.

Mum always liked a girl for him, Aisha.

She was dad's friends daughter, I hadn't met her personally but as many times I did meet her during function's I found her really good, someone who would be perfect for Yusuf or I believed so.

Within days things got final, and I bagan conversing more with Aisha as days passed, she was doing her final year so she requested mum that she wanted to study further after getting married, Yusuf and mum both were fine with it.

Mum, Fiza my younger sister and I visited their house often after the proposal was fixed for all the preparation that had to be done for the wedding.

I was so excited for it.

"Will you both stop fighting?Ayaat do you think I am going to let you wear old clothes for Yusuf's wedding" Mum asked chopping the vegetables

"Ofcourse not, I love you ammi" I said smiling wide.

My mum was the sweetest person I knew, I'm not saying because she is my mother but because I've never seen her even hurt a fly. I couldn't thank Allah enough for blessing me with a mother like her. I loved her. And I was sure she loved us more.

"I have to pray Maghrib, I'll be right back" I said and left the dinning room.

"Me too,mum I'll come a little late today after praying isha in mosque "Yusuf said and left.

After I prayed maghrib I sat down to read the Quran. Its was beautiful if I read by meaning. How Allah had it All planned for us already, how great He was and yet some of us still did not trust Him.

The inner peace I'd get while reading the Quran was beyond comparison.

The moment I'm in sujood, So close to my lord made me feel so much better. I read for sometime and went down to help mum with dinner.

I looked at my mother and whishpered Alhamdulila I really could'nt thank Allah enough for her, and not just her everybody in my family.

I was blessed in every way possible.

I was very keen on getting Yusuf married before me. Yusuf and I had an age difference of 5 years he was 24. My dad believed it was the right time to get him married and I thought the same.

I went to the kitchen and started helping mum.

"Do You think Aisha will be able to adjust in our family?"Mum asked a little worried.

"Ofcourse, Dont you worry She is a nice girl ammi we've met her havn't we? I said.

"Yes she is, may Allah bless her and Yusuf"

I smiled.

Just then the door bell rang I went to open the door with a scarf over my head. Yes! I do wear hijab.

I opened it and saw javeriya there.

"Assalamualikum Jav" I greeted her

"Walekumassalam" she replied hugging me.

Javeriya was my bestfriend since a very long time. I dont even remember how we became friends. Its funny, Because we are so different! Our likes, dislikes, our nature, our habits everything!

"Where is Dawud uncle and aunty?"

"They are in, come get in" I said and she walked towards the kitchen knowning mum would be there and nowhere else.

She said salam and gave mum a box of sweet to congratulate her on yusuf and Aisha's soon to be wedding.

Yusuf and Aisha had'nt seen each other much..I assume they had hardly seen each other but I always had a feeling that Yusuf liked Aisha and I was'nt wrong. Our families did meet at gathering and stuff but the male and female sections were always seperate, when our parents began forcing Yusuf to get married he suggested Aisha's name, Mum was extremely happy.

Yes! Yusuf suggested Aisha!

I was so happy he didn't directly talk to Aisha about anything, He took the matter the Halal way and brought to our parents.

Halal love is the best love, as it has always been proved.

I was sure he had heard alot about how Aisha was a practising muslim and seen her few times, but just glances because he knew looking at a woman who was not a blood relative was a sin.

So that's what must have struck his mind and he suggested her name.

After Javeriya gave the sweets to mum and congratulated her I asked her to follow me to my room.

"I am so happy for Yusuf bhai" she said sitting on the bed.

"Yes me too, Cant wait for the wedding"

There was still a week and half left for the wedding.

"So I have decided what I am goin to wear for Yusuf's wedding, I have it all planned, I just need to visit the tailor once."

"Yes yes me tooo" she said excitedly.

Javeriya was like Family and Yusuf getting married was like her own brother getting married.

Our chit chat lasted for another  hour when Javeriya's mum called her asking her to come back home.

She said salam's and left.

I got back to my room lying on the bed staring at the celing and imagining how my life would be after I got married. I loved doing that, But ofcourse I had No guy in my mind yet so I just imagined random stuff.

After some time when the Isha azaan was done I went to do my wudhu and started praying Isha.

As I prayed and made dua to Allah to bless my family and keep Yusuf and Aisha happy and thanked him for everything he had given me including my hard times which made me who I am today..I always made a dua which I left to the last.

"O Allah I pray that I get a husband who brings me closer to you, who will complete half of my deen, who takes his religion seriously, who will have sabr(Patience) and who will love me for the sake of you, Please grant me the one who will be the garment to my soul, he will sprinkle water on me at Fajr reminding me to pray.

May he earn from sources that are halal, May he always thank and appriciate the woman at his side, make me worthy to be his loving wife!

And Finally, O Allah make him abundant in love & laughter

in Taqwa & sincerity

In striving for the hereafter!

But little did I know that Allah had already sealed my fate with someone even before I was born.