Chapter 39 - Goodbye my Love!

"And we created you in pairs" Quran 78:8

Goodbye my Love!

"Common we are going to be late" Zaroon says while waiting for me in the living room.
"Im done. Im done. Coming" I say and run to the living room.

Yes I could run now. After running a few tests and x-rays it was concluded that my ankel only had a sprain and it was not a fracture. I was so thankful. Alhamdulila though it did take a full 2 weeks to heal but never mind.

"Why did it take so long for you to get dressed. Your going to see your family and friends not going to impress them" Zaroon says and sighs.

"Seriously? I didnt dress up for them. I dressed up for you" I angrily and walk towards the car.

Zaroon comes running behind me and blocks my way.
"What do you mean?" He asks confused
"Nothing" I say and walk from the side.
"No! Tell me what is this all about?" He asks again.
"From the day you got back to the hospital you hardly pay attention to me. You leave home early you come back late in the night. When I call you in the between you disconnect and say your busy. Its like we are already one of those boring couples Zaroon" I say and sigh.

"I...I dont understand Ayaat. Thats my work. Even before I got married to you I had the same tight schedule." He says a little upset.

"No! What happened to you? What happened to that Zaroon that made me breakfast in bed and played with me in Shimla? You hardly even notice me now, its only your work. Did you even realise I made that pasta you liked last night? The least you could do was thank me for it." I say and walk away angry and sad.

"Im sorry. I really am. Yes may be I am getting too involved with work but Ayaat thats only so I can give you a better future so I am capable enough to raise a family. I dont want my children to be born into a family that cant fulfill their needs and desires. I faced that as a kid and I wont let my children face it" He says and it makes me feel guilty to be angry this whole time on him.

Lately I was feeling very neglected and I started acting cold towards Zaroon not realising that this only could worsen our relationship.

"Aw Zaroon! No I am sorry. I am just being too needy now. I am sorry. Okay. Lets go we'll be late or else" I say and get into the car so does he.
We were on our way to my dad's house I hadn't met them for a long time so I decided to stop by before meeting Jav and Rehana for lunch.

"So this is what it was all about? You not talking to me and acting cold? This was the reason?" Zaroon asks.
"Umm..hmmm" I say looking outside the window.
"Ayaat. You need to tell me. You need to talk to me when you feel something. When we keep quite in situations like these it only makes it worse" Zaroon saya trying to make me understand.
"Yep. I know now" I say.
"Promiss me. That your gonna tell me anything that bothers you?" He says.
"Promiss" I say and hold his hand.

Zaroon parks the car in the drive way and we get to the main door.

"Assalamualikum" Aisha bhabhi greets us at the door.
"Walekum Assalam" We greet back together.
"Come in. Come in. How are you both?" She asks.
"Alhamdulila" Zaroon answers.
"Wheres Ammi? And everybody?" I ask as I dont find anybody in the living room.
"Ah! They must be in their rooms. Common in. Ill just call them. Ayaat. Your house make yourself comfortable" She chuckles and walks away.

"Ammiii...Assalamualikum" I run and bug her as soon as she comes out of her room.

"Walekum asaalam beta. How are you? You should have informed me you'll are coming so I could prepare something good for lunch" She says and then greets Zaroon.