Chapter 11 - When there is a twist

Trust Allah subhana watala when He pushes you to the edge of difficulty, two things will happene, either He'll teach you how to fly or He'l catch you when you fall.

When there is a twist

What am I going to do?

How am I going to talk to him?

Or may be he was'nt here to talk to me,so many questions run in my mind and I walk slow, Javeriya senses something wrong,but stays quite.how am I going to explain everything to her now.

We walk and almost reach the car and I pretend like I did not see Zaroon,I keep my head down and gaze lower, my heart still beats very fast and my legs tremble but I still manage to reach the car.

I look up and see him lowering his gaze, I wait for him to say something, he looks at me,opens his mouth to say and then shuts it and walks away.

Weird.

Im just standing there still looking at him fade away.

What just happned? I thought to myself.

I turn around to see Javeriya give me a questioning look, I gesture her telling her Ill tell it later.

As we sit in the car we see few boys harrassing girls passing by them,they made bad comments about every girl who passed and looked at them with bad.. evil eyes, I get so frustrated looking at that but dont do anything, I was drained. Mentally and physically. I had no energy left so I just sit in the car and I quietly think about everything that happened.

I think about Omar and Zaroon.

What is happening in my life.

We reach home and Javeriya also comes in with me.

"Assalamualikum" both of us greet together.

"Walekum assalam" Yusuf replies.

"Ayaat sit here, we need to talk to you, Javeriya you can also sit" my dad tells in a serious tone. I quietly sit on the couch next to Aisha bhabhi.

This was serious,everybody looked serious.

"So Yusuf told me what happened the other day when I was not at home. About Zaroon, so by now you can assume what are we here to talk about" my dad says.

I dont say anything and dad continues.

"We are not going to force you for anything,but we have a good proposal for you" I look at him with my eyes wide open, and Javeriya sits confused not knowing what happened with Zaroon or Omar. I see my mum now running towards us from the kitchen.

I wonder who's proposal this is.

Omar or Zaroon.

"Now since we feel neither Omar nor Zaroon is worth you, we have this very good proposal, you know your aunt sameera who stays in Dubai, its her son, Zaid" he completes his sentence and waits for my response.

I did not care  who the guy was, how could my dad feel that Zaroon was not worth me? To be very honest, I felt I was'nt worth him.

What made my dad say he was'nt worth me?

I look up and see everyone looking at me, waiting for a response.

"You are my father,You will make correct desicions for me,I am fine with what ever you and mum want me to do" I say even when I did not want to say this. Immediately my dad gets up and hugs me, telling me how proud He was to have a daughter like me.

"Wonderful,So then next week monday we will fix a meeting with their family, since they are in town now" My mum says overjoyed.

Why could'nt anybody see I was'nt happy?