Chapter 50 - I'm Sorry

"When Allah SWT wants two hearts to meet he will move both of them, not just one"

"When Adam (peace be upon him) was created he was alone. Allah SWT did not give him a video game to play with and pass his time with. Allah did not give him friends so he could play football and wander around Jannah.
Allah SWT gave him something much precious - He gave him a wife"

I'm sorry.

I didnt go back to the backyard to attend the rest of the engagment party, nobody would notice that I was gone. I needed time and especially courage to face Zaroon now that I knew truth.

I was still confused, it wasn't like talking to Rehana vanished all my insecurities and misunderstandings, though it did help but I was guilty more than confused so I refused to go down and face Zaroon.

What am I gonna do now?

I sit blankly on the chair in Yusuf's room, not knowing anything.

I had to apologise to Zaroon. Yes. That's what I have to do.

I didn't want him to feel guilty of slapping me. If was my fault he only reacted.
I knew it must be killing him within and it made me feel worse.

I go out in the corridore to see if I could find Yusuf, he was the only person I could talk about this to and luckily I found him holding Mahira in his arms she as cried uncontrollably in the living room.

"Yusuf!" I called from the corridore, he turns and looks around, I call his name again when he locates me near his room.

He hushes Mahira and climbs up and walks to his room where I was standing.

"You okay?" He asks while all his attemps to hush Mahira went down the drain.
"I'm! Are you?" I chuckle and take Mahira in my arms.
"Aisha is so busy down, she has no time to even lift Mahira once and Mahira wont stop crying until she gets into Aisha's arms." He says irritated.

"She's only sleepy" I say softly while rubbing her back. She had stopped crying and was half asleep.

"How did you do that?" Yusuf asks surprised.
"I'm trying it from the last 20 minutes" He says. His mouth was hung open.

"Hahaa! I hope Zaroon is a better father than you are" I say laughing.
"Hey! That's mean!" He says hurtful.
"I dont know about being a father, But I sure am a better husband than he is" he says grinding his teeth.

I slowly put Mahira on the bed and stand before him with a wicked smile.

"What's wrong?" He asks confused.
"Lets go to my old room, I dont wanna wake her up" I say and walk.

"Now tell me?" He was curious.
"I made a mistake. It wasn't Zaroon's fault" I say biting my lips.
"Ayaaaaaat! What do you mean? Tell me clearly?" He says.
"I got out of control when I saw Rehana and I had an argument with her and the way she said everything I realised what a huge mistake I've made and now I need your help you clear out mess" I say with a puppy face.
"That still doesn't justify the mark on your face" He says not happy with my explanation.
"Yusuf. The way I made a mistake he too made a mistake and I know how guilty he is because of it. So please just let it go." I beg.
"Fine. What do you want me to do?" He asks.
"I dont know. You tell me what should I do to make this up to him? These three days that I wasted?" I say sadly.
"Umm? How about just going and apologising to him?" He says sarcastically.
"Oh yeah! Like I didn't think of it." I reply back with sarcasm.
"Fine..Um..I cant think of anything Ayaat" He says blankly.
"Yusuf think harder" I say angrily. " He always makes everything so special for me, now I want him to feel special and loved, But I just dont know how" I say frustrated.
"Plan a holiday!" Yusuf says after a while.
"A holiday? Umm..keep talking I like the idea" I get excited.
"You'll have been apart for more than 5 months when he was in Dubai and your honeymoon was also not great because of your sparined leg and after he came back you'll got into this huge fight. Think about it. You'll havn't got anytime to yourself in peace." He says making a point.
"That's a wonderful Idea Yusuf..Thank you" I say genuinely.
"I'll keep an eye on Mahira, you go down and enjoy" I tap his shoulder and leave.