Chapter 63 - Mind v/s Heart

"A giver of maintenance to the widows and the poor is like a giver in the way of Allah (swt), an utterer of prayers all night and fasting during the day." (Bukhari)

We stood there saying nothing, but it was the kind of nothing that meant everything.

My eyes told him everything.

Omar!

It had been over 3 years the last time I saw him, it was that night in front of my house when he decided to stop loving me.

The silly decisions we make!

If it were that easy to just stop loving someone, nobody in love would know pain.

"Assalamualikum" He greets softly.
"Walekum assalam" I greet back after a pause and look down.

"Can..can I come in?" He asks when I dont say anything, I nod and move aside.

My heart kept beating fast and my breaths became louder.

I was scared and nervous!
Seeing him after all those years was just like the moment I told him I was engaged to Zaroon.

The fear!

I had no reason to be scared of but sometimes the human mind knows better than the human heart.

He seats himself on the couch and I sit on the opposite one, I look everywhere but at him.

"I heard about Zaroon...I'm sorry" He states empathetically and I just look at him and look away.

There was silence again and it was getting akward every passing second when finally he decided to speak up.

"Ayaat...I know what you're going through...and..."
"No you dont, you have no clue of what I'm going through Omar..You dont! So please...Dont say it" I say firmly controlling my tears.
"You're taking it in a wrong way" He suddenly says.
"Why are you here Omar? Why?" I let out a long breath and leave my shoulder's loose.
"Ayaat! You know why, Yusuf called me and.."
"I dont want you to fix me" I say with teared eyes.
"I'm not here to fix you Ayaat, No...I'm here to love you while you fix yourself, I'm here to hold your hand when you have nightmares, I'm here to comfort you when you dont find comfor anywhere else" He says and the first thing that pops into my head was Zaroon.

I remember he didn't know how to express his love for me but when he did he'd do it perfectly just like Omar did it without actually saying that he loved me.

I broke down!

Not just for what Omar said but for who it reminded me off.

He comes close to me and sit's beside me.

"I'm not going to hold your hand now because I know its not halal and you wouldn't like it but I just want you to know that I'm here and I'm not going go force you into anything you dont want to do, you can take your time and answer my question" He says and that very instant he wins my heart over.

I look at him surprised.

He respected my boundarise's.

I quickly wipe away my tears and move away.

"Um...would you like a cup of coffee?" I ask formally and he nods his head.

I get up and rush to the kitchen.

What are you doing Ya Allah?
Why are you doing all this?

My mind stresses itself but doesn't find an answer even when the answer was right in front of me the whole time.