Chapter 14 - Pin drop silence!

Say Alhandulila for even the bad, as hard as it might be to believe it could have been much worse.

Pin drop silence.

I could not believe what I just read, I could be a part of the Oxford University and be a graduate from there. It was a scholarship for english literature which I had appiled sometime back after my mid-sem.

I still shivered and tears flowed out. I got down on my knees and thanked Allah for this wonderful opportunity he had given me. I got up and started walking towards the kitchen to tell mum about it but I stop mid way.

May be I should wait, this wasn't the right time I tell myself and walk back to my room.

I put the letter back in the envolope and keep it inside my wadrobe so nobody would see it.

"I heard you got a 98%?" Yusuf walks in.

"98.12" I take pride to add the .12%

"Hahaha,Yeah yeah same thing,Congratulations, Im proud of you, I really am" he says as he hugs me and I hug back.

"Jazakallahu khair" I say.

"Did you tell dad?" He asks.

"Not yet, I was just going to his room"

"Oh! Okie go" he says and walks out.

I walk towards my dads room with the one and only thought in my mind - Oxford University. After the letter arrived all my concentration shifted to the letter from my results, it was obvious though.

I knew everybody would be very happy to know that I was accepted there, but I had a fear. The fear that existed even when I applied for the scholarship.

What if they dont send me?

With this thought I walk into his room and knock as the door was shut.

"Come in" I hear his voice from the other side of the door and I open the door and get in.

"Are you busy?, Ill come later if you are" I say as I see him engrosses in his files.

"No no Im not, I always have time for you, come sit here" he says and points the chair beside him and I go sit there.

"Actually I just wanted to say that my results are out and I've passed with distinction" I say happily.

"Masha allah, Im so proud of you beta, did you tell your mum?, whats your percentage?" He asks.

"Yeah I did, just now, umm..I got a 98%" I leave the .12% just for now.

He looks as me in disbelief.

"98?" And I nod.

"Ayaat, I cant tell you how proud I am to call you my daughter, Masha Allah, you've made me very proud today,May Allah bless you with more and more, in this life and hereafter" he ends and gives me a side hug.

"Ameen" I say.

It was very clear from his reaction that he did not expect me to score 98% though he knew I studied well.

"Tell me what do you want? You definetly deserve something in return" he says.

I think for a while about the letter but stay quite.

"For now, Alhamdulila I have everything I need, But you can give me something later, when I ask for it. Promise?" I say like a small kid.

"Yes, yes. Promise" he laughs and I walk out.

May be he should have thought before promissing I thought to myself.

I go back to my room and text on the whatsapp group that included Javeriya, Rehana and me.