Testing

Evanna's house was very near to Aurums building. Infact it was right on top of it! Her suite was right on the top 3 floors. It's restricted to everyone except a select few. Evanna, my dad and me entered a room.

The room was huge. The walls were white in colour. And the floor was covered in with white tiles. There were desks scattered here and there with items like beakers, chemicals, plants etc. There were a bunch of people with white lab coats.

A man with a labcoat and a clipboard approached us. He looked at Evanna, then at me. He looked at me like I had sprouted wings. Which I had. But he doesn't know that. They were in their dormant stage.

"So she is the recipient of Lisa's serum." He looked over at me. There was a something that felt similar in his eyes and facial expression. It was the same expression that was in the faces of older competition. It was the same expression they wore before I beat them for the first position. It was my biggest ally. Underestimation. This guy underestimates me. And he has every right to do so.  And whatever he is thinking. He is right.

"Yes. Meet Kasey Marshell. Kasey this is one of our leading scientist, Dr. Kyle Hughes. He is going to help us run the tests and determine what powers you have." Dr. Hughes shook my dad's and my hand. "Nice to meet you. Now if you would follow me." He led us in to another room. This room has the same color scheme but instead of desks, there were weird devices.

There was a hollow transparent sphere. Inside the sphere, there was a treadmill. There were a bunch of wires that connected the weird sphere to a bunch of screens and devices. And let me tell you something, that thing freaked me out.

"Okay Kasey. This machine is going to check your stamina and your speed. So basically, you will run how much ever you can and it will scan your vitals, heartbeat, breath etc. When you can't run anymore give me a signal and I'll stop it.  Now get in the sphere and stand on the treadmill." Dr Hugh explained.

I walked up to the strange thing. And stared at it. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go on." I stepped inside and on the treadmill. The door of the sphere closed. I glanced at Dr. Hughes and he gave me a thumbs up. I think that means get ready. Then the treadmill starts.

First it's slow but it speeds every minute. I started  running in Pace with the treadmill. Now look, I am good at running but not so good that I could go on forever. I am worried but whatever I guess.

Now here is the weird thing. Usually I turn into a panting and gasping mess after 3 minutes. Now I have ran faster and longer than usual and haven't even lost my breath yet. My breathing is normal. My limbs don't ache. I feel like I haven't even done anything yet. Wow. I feel great. I wonder how long I could go.
---------------------------------------------------------

After what seemed like 30 minutes I started panting. Right now my speed was 5 miles per minute. Damn, powers are awesome. Then the treadmill stopped. I stopped. I started panting and put my hands on my knees. The sphere doors opened and Evanna and Dr. Hughes stepped in. My dad went away to the restaurant in middle. Dr. Hughes was carrying a clipboard and looking at some papers with a calculating gaze.

"Wow. That was amazing. Okay why don't we take some time to rest while Kyle checks the results.", Evanna said. She lead me out of the sphere thing and made me sit behind one of the desks and gave me a bottle of water and a towel. I wiped my face with the towels and chugged down the water. I was thirsty as hell.

"Okay, next is testing your flight power. And apparently you can turn invisible, so that too." Dr. Hughes said. Evanna nodded and looked at me. "Okay, Kasey you did good job. But I need you to push through these tests okay? We have to do them before lunch and it's already 11 so we can work on your results. Okay?" I nodded. And I got up. To be honest, I wasnt tired anymore and I had like a five minute break.

They lead me to another room. Now this room was quite different than the other one. It had grey carpeted walls and the floor was kind of a rubbery material. They walked inside and I followed them in. We went to the middle of the room and stopped. Both of them turned and gave me all of their attention.

"Okay listen here. Do you see that bell that's hanging from the ceiling?" Evanna asked as she pointed to the ceiling. I saw where she pointed, there was a golden yellow bell hanging from the ceiling. And I forgot to mention something. This room was huge! The walls were atleast 13 feet high! I nodded and looked at her.

"Good. You have to fly up there, ring the bell and come back down. Simple?" I stared at her. She wants me to fly with wings I just got yesterday. Does this lady know what she is talking about?

"I would do that. But here is the problem. I just got these things yesterday. So, I don't know how to freaking move these things much less fly with them!" I said. Evanna chuckled and facepalmed.

She said," Oh! Silly me. Okay. Think of your wings as extra pair of limbs. Move them just like you would move your hands." I thought of my wings flapping ever so slightly and the complied!

"Great! Okay, now to fly, flap your wings harder. Jumping and then flapping your wings help. Jumping gives you air. Try it out." I imagined my wings flapping and flying. I crouched down and jumped. As soon as j was in the air I flapped my wings. I felt the air graze and tickle my feathers. I continued the flapping movement. And I was flying. It was amazing. I reached out to him the bell. Ting! I did it! I was actually flying!

I slowly slowed the rate in which I was flapping my wings so I could come down. I landed but not properly. When I reached the ground, I didn't balance my wings out properly so I stumbled and fell on my knees. Thankfully, due to the rubbery surface of the floor I didn't get hurt.

"That was wonderful, Kasey! You did it way better than I did on my first try." Evanna said. I looked over to Dr. Hughes and he was busy scribbling on the papers. After he finished writing whatever he was, he looked up and said, "Okay, I think that is all. I'll get the final list of her powers by tomorrow." He nodded at us then ran out of the room. Wow, that guy has no sense of fun.

"Kyle isn't that boring once you get to know him. Trust me." She said like she was reading my mind. "Anyway, I'm starving. Let's go down to the cafeteria and have some lunch?"  Just had she said that when my stomach growled. She heard it and raised an eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly and replied, "Lunch sounds brilliant."

She laughed and walked out of the room. And I followed her. God I'm famished.
---------------------------------------------------------
1265 words. Sorry for being so inactive lately. Alot has been going on and I needed some time off. My finals results were out and I did good. Anyway I will try to be more punctual. Every Wednesday I'll try to update. I accept constructive criticism so please tell me where I'm going wrong. Thanks!
- Blue.