Nightwing

Evanna Carter. The world knew who she was. CEO of Aurum industries. Aurum industries is very well known for its almost prodigal scientists and also for it's creation of superheroes. But that aside, Evanna is one of the most influential person in the country. She is so smart, caring and amazing.

She is just so inspiring. And now she was also Nightwing. Some people are just so talented. Like Cathy. God no one can beat her at any thing.

"Okay. If you still don't trust me then I don't think you will trust anyone else either. And you all have some serious trust issues." Nightwing broke my train of thought.

My dad was speechless. Which is very rare. He seemed very surprised which given the situation, is understandable. Heck even I was shocked. The lady that I admired since I learnt about superheroes was standing in front of us. No one has seen Nightwing since she retired. And she is in front of my face. How?

"We trust you. And your right. We have no other choice. We'll come with you." Said my dad. I was still gaping at her. And then we went to pack our necessities

I threw in a few clothes, toothbrushes, my watch, hairbrush, you know the usual. I dumped them all in a duffel bag and went to the living room where my dad and Evanna were waiting for me. We got inside Evanna's car and started moving. My life was never gonna be the same is it?
---------------------------------------------------------

Evanna's house was huge. It was also Nightwing themed. It was so cool. She lead us to our rooms. Which was upstairs. My room was opposite to dad's room. I entered and what I saw gave me a heart attack.

My room was huge. The bed was pushed up against this window which over looked the city of New York. There was a desk on the other side. The walls were grey. And a balcony and the view was stunning.

Evanna lived in a pent house so it looked beautiful. Wow. I went down and saw my dad and Evanna already talking.

"Ms. Carter I was wondering if I could get some water?" I asked. They both turned towards me and looked at me. Evanna turned around and took a glass and filled it with water. As she was handing it over to me, she said, "Call me Evanna. No need for all this Ms. Carter stuff. I feel old. I'm only 54 years old." She then winked at me causing me to giggle. I like her.

"Come on, pumpkin. Let's head to bed. I'm sure it's been a long day for you. It sure has for me. Off to bed!" My dad ordered. I sighed. And glanced and Evanna. She was watching us with an amused expression. "Good night, dad." I said then went to my room.

---------------------------------------------------------

I had brought a book along with me. I was reading it when my bedroom door opened. Evanna had come inside. She closed the door and sat on the side of my bed.

"I just wanted to say that it is always better for your wings to be open and relaxed when your sleeping. I learnt that the hard way." She said. She looked at me expectantly.

"I don't know how to bring them back." I said. "Oh! Oh yeah! Silly me. Just concentrate. Imagine having wings and they will be back."

I tried. Concentrated and imagined my wings back. And surely when I opened my eyes again, they were there. "Good job! Okay then I will be on my way then." She said as she got up to leave. "Wait! " I said. She paused, turned around and looked at me. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to ask. How was it when you got your powers. Actually how did you get your powers?" I asked. Heroes never mention how they got their powers. And I will admit. I was curious how the first hero got hers.

Evanna chuckled. "Well. It's a long story. And its getting late." I looked at her and have her the best sad puppy face I could manage. My dad always joked that my puppy face was my superpower. Well now I have a real one but I am gonna use my ultimate move now.

"Oh. Fine! Fine! My my. You look adorable. Fine. Ill tell you that story. It is a Friday after all. Anyway. I was a scientist at Aurum. A newbie. And I was a curious little thing. So my seniors were working on a secret projects. And I was so curious and I was certain that I could help them. So one night I snuck into their lab. And started seeing everything in it. Now there was this vial with a yellow serum in it. Another thing you should know about me, I'm clumsy as heck. So me being the Smarty that I was, dropped it. Then proceeded to step on it. Then I ran back home. Hoping that no one finds out. The next morning i wake up with wings."

"Wait what? But how?" I asked. "Well the serum was actually a Raven's DNA. Especially the part that gives the raven it's characteristic black wings. And the glass pricked me and it was caoted with the serum. Hence the black wings."

"Oh! That makes a lot of sense. What was your reaction?" I asked. Curious to know more. You have absolutely no idea how honoured I felt. Here was my idol telling me about how she got her powers. Mind-blowing. I can't believe that was happening.

She smiled, probably at my eagerness to know more. "Well. I was very surprised. Thought I was hallucinating. Going crazy. Then I touched them for proof. And they were actually there. Then I think I fainted because I have no recollection what happened after that. I just had woken up in a room with my boss and a bunch of my seniors starting at me as if I was some sort of art piece."

"Wow that is exactly how I felt. Except I didn't faint. But I thought I was going crazy like-" I sighed. "Like my mother." I said disappointed. You might of thought that I forgot about her. But I didn't. Well momentarily I did but now I remember.

"I'm sorry about her. I know how it is to wake up with powers and all. But I promise I'll do anything in my power to help you and guide you. I won't let you down like she did. I promise." As she said this she walked out.

I sighed. Then I saw Evanna re-entered the room and said, " Another thing you should know about me. I never break my promises." Then she left closing the door behind her.

I smiled. Yeah, life wasn't seeming very great now. And I felt terrible and emotionally exhausted. But could things get any worse than this. I mean there are people who have worse problems than this. And heck! How is this a problem?

I have superpowers which are gonna make my life so much more easier. I finally got rid of my deranged mother. And I met my childhood idol! No I was not gonna look at it as if it's a problem. No. It's a blessing in disguise. I'm sure it is.

And with that thought I turned off the light and went to sleep. My life was gonna change. And instead of complaining, I'm gonna face it.
---------------------------------------------------------
1257 words! Okay. I want to mention something. The struggles of a teenage superhero has reached a 100 reads!! I am really excited because I didn't think that this would reach even 20 reads! But thank you for reading and giving my book a chance!
- Blue