When All Went Crazy

The alarm was blaring another Panic! At the disco song that I couldn't recognise. I think it was 'King of the Cloud'.  I got up and sat on the bed.    

" Kasey are you up?" My dad asked from the kitchen.  "Yeah! I'll be there in a minute!" Something was different. My back felt weird. Like something was hanging from it. I brushed it off as the after effect of the cramp I had last night. I got up and made my way to the bathroom. 

As I was entering something prevented me from entering. I couldn't get in. " What the heck?" I looked around and that's when I saw them. Big blue wings were attached to my back. What?

They were huge! And they looked like a bluejay's wings. The blue with black striped feathers and the single white stripe on each wing. They were beautiful, yeah , but they were on my back! I tried to move them. They moved. Oh my god! What am I going to do? I retracted the wings and ran in to the bathroom and shut the door.

I was panicking as a dozen questions popped in my head. What is going on? Am I going crazy? Am I hallucinating? I touched my wings. They were as soft as silk. They were real! Nope not hallucinating. What is happening to me? Is it puberty? I doubt that. God I was so confused and scared.

" Kasey, get out of the bathroom fast. You are going to be late for school!" My dad shouted. Being late for school was the least of my worries right now. Should I tell my dad? No, I can't. What am I gonna do?

I think for some time before I decided to get ready. It'll probably go away tomorrow. I finish my daily routine. While dressing I got another problem. I needed something long enough to cover my wings. I look around until I found a long blue hoodie. I put it on and I ran outside.

I was running really late. My dad kept some toast on the table. I ate it really fast and finished just as my dad entered the room. He grabbed the keys and we rushed to school.

---------------------------------------------------------

The entire day I was scared. I was also really distracted and didn't listen in any of the classes. I couldn't even pay attention to what my friends were telling me.

"What is up with you? You have been distracted since morning!" Cathy asked. "It's nothing. I'm just tired I guess." I replied. They shared worried glances with each other. "Is it your mom?" Suzy asked. "No. It's nothing. Chill." They didn't question me after that. And I was grateful.

I thankfully didn't have swimming practice today. So it was directly to the restaurant. I'm pretty sure I can tell my dad an excuse and get out of that too. I walked towards the restaurant. I was thinking about my current predicament. Why do I have wings? I was so lost in thought that I didn't realise when I reached the restaurant. I walked inside and went towards the kitchen.

"Hey! How was school?" My dad enquiried. "Eh. It was fine." " Woah! Are you okay? Are you sick?" My dad looked worried. I did feel sick. I felt terrible. And I guess I look like that.

"I think I caught something. Can I get today off?"

"Yeah sure. Go home. Take rest." I nodded and walked back home.
---------------------------------------------------------

When I reached home the first thing I did was fall asleep on my bed. My nice, warm, comfy bed. As soon as my head touched the pillow I was asleep.

I dreamt about a bird squaking at me and repeatedly saying,"Your an angel!" Feverish dreams are weird.

When I woke up I saw my mother on my bed. "You aren't feeling well?" She asked. I shook my head. She touched my forehead and checked for temperature. "You are a little warm. Is it aching anywhere?" I stared at her. Well maybe my dad was right. Maybe she did care. It felt nice.

" Yeah. My back aches." I told her. She slowly messaged my back. Now that I think about it, I was really stupid back then. Then I heard the front door shut.

"Kasey! Are you okay?" I heard my dad's concerned voice. He peeked inside my room and saw my mother. "Lisa! W-what are you doing?" He asked. Even he was surprised. "Jack can't I look after my daughter?" He chuckled. "Yeah. You can I was just checking. Okay then. Seems like your in good hands pumpkin. I'll go make dinner." And he left.

After some time we were all sitting around the dinner table eating. Then there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." My mom said as she got up. We heard the sound of the front door opening and my mom said," Oh your here! I made it successfully. It was a success. Thank God you made it. Please come in and look." I shared a confused look with my father.

"Kasey! Come here please!" My mom called out. My dad and I got up and went to the living room. What I saw scared me.

On the couch there was a lady. She was lean, muscular and quite tall. She had straight, long, black as the night hair. Her eyes were coffee brown. And she was fair. Had a few wrinkles but she still looked beautiful.
Next to her was a lady with a clipboard. She stared at me through her glasses and made me quite uncomfortable. On either side of the sofa were two body gaurds. And a few cops were looking around the house.

My mother was sitting opposite to the strange lady. She saw me and said, " Look at her! I gave the serum to her last night when she was asleep. And it worked. I felt the wings ma'am! The experiment worked! The serum worked! I am sorry but I simply could not wait to test it. So I used my own daughter. For science!"

My heart stopped. She knew. Goddammit! She knew! And not only did She know She was the cause behind it! She used me as a Guinea pig. She has no feelings. She made me a freak for the sake of an experiment! And it was at that time I knew that she was a sociopath. She didn't care. Never did. She needed some serious help.

---------------------------------------------------------

That's chapter 4! 1052 words! I would update Tomorrow as well! As usual if I'm doing anything wrong please let me know. I accept constructive criticism!
-Blue