The Day Before It All Started

I woke up to my alarm blaring ' High Hopes' . Ugh. I got up and switched off the alarm. I laid back down and covered myself with a blanket and attempted to go back to sleep. I succeeded until my dad came in and ruined it all.

"Rise and shine sleepy head! You got a great day ahead of you!!", Said my ever so optimistic dad.

"Yeah. Great. Dad I want to sleeeep please. Can I not go? I don't feel so good." And to prove my point I groaned.

"Haha! Sure you don't. I'm sorry, pumpkin, but you gotta go. Your education is important. Besides you got swim practice today."

I groaned and sat up in my bed. In my door way was my dad. His black hair was as messy as usual and his blue eyes showed amusement. He was trying (and failing might I add) not to laugh at me. He was holding a spatula in one hand and was wearing an apron reading ' Stand back! Dads cooking!'.

"I know I have said this a thousand times but you, especially in the morning, are scarier that the Freddy Krueger." He laughed at his own joke.

"Haha! Fine I'm up! Now go make me pancakes. You know how I like 'em." , I said while getting out of bed. He chuckled and left. I made my way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Well, he isn't wrong. My messy black hair even more messier than usual. It looked worse than a rats nest. I had a trail of drool from the side of my mouth. My blue eyes were heavy with sleep. I groaned. And then proceeded to get ready.

------------------ time skip ------------------------

By the time I got ready, my dad had finished cooking breakfast. He was sitting on the dinning table along with my mother. She was eating and seeing her phone. My dad was looking at her expectantly. I sat down and my dad placed my plate infront of me and said, " Just the way you like it pumpkin." I took a bite and smiled as the flavour exploded in my mouth. Just the way I like my pancakes.

I glanced at the time. Shit I was running late! I gobbled up my delicious breakfast and got up. My dad got his keys and I got my bag. We got in the car and I said,"Hit it!" And we took off.

I thankfully reached school on time. I walked to my locker and as usual I saw my friends talking near my locker.

A short introduction to my friends. There's Lily. She is all sweet and innocent on the outside buy once you get to know her, she is a devil. She was wearing blue jeans and a simple patterned t-shirt. Then there is Cathy. She is the smartest girl I know. She also seems really scary but is nice once you get to know her. She was wearing a yellow shirt with brown leggings. Then there is Susy. She is very supportive and would probably punch your face if you try anything with her. She wore a purple t-shirt with leggings.

They were laughing at something Cathy had said when I approached them.

"Finally. Ms. I-am-always-late has finally arrived!" Lily exclaimed. The other two sniggered.

"Hilarious Lily but you seriously need to improve your insults." Lily then rolled her eyes at me. I collected my books and we headed towards our first class.

-------------+-line break cuz no one wants to read what they learnt in school today---------------------------------------

After seven agonising hours and an extra hour of swim practice. I headed to the restaurant to help my dad. I entered the store and went to the kitchen. And there he was ordering the other employees. He saw me and smiled and made his way over to me. But I wasn't happy. I was angry because my dad was sporting a big blue bruise on his jaw and I know exactly who did it.

I turned and tried to walk out but my dad caught me. And he said,"I know your mad but just finish your shift and we'll go home together." I glared at him then nodded and walked outside after collecting a notepad.

The rest of the evening I spent collecting and delivering the customers orders. Then finally, the store closed. And my dad and I cleaned up and left. We got into the car and he started driving.

After a few minutes I finally broke the silence and asked, " Why did she hit you?" My dad sighed. "Because I broke one of her beakers." That demoness aka my mom hit him because he broke a beaker.

Now let me clarify somethings. She doesn't do this all the time. No, she very rarely hits us. But she will if you do anything to distract her from her work. Especially when she is really close to solving a problem. The noise of the beaker breaking must've annoyed her and hence the act of violence. But that doesn't justify her actions. You don't hit people just because they distracted you.

"Dad. Just leave her. Please."
"No. It's nothing. Something as idiotic as this shouldn't break up our family."
Bullshit. She doesn't seem to care about it then why should we? But there is no convincing my dad. So I gave up. And we rode the rest of the way in silence.

After we reached home we had our dinner. My mom wasn't there. Good. Or I would've fought with her. We ate our dinner and then I finished my homework. Then I head off to bed and my dad tucks me in. Yes, I'm a 16 year old teenager that still gets tucked in by her dad. But I cant sleep if he doesn't. He tucks me in and says,"I love you pumpkin." And leaves the room and I fall into a deep slumber.

In the middle of the night there is a searing pain on my upper back. So much pain but I don't shout out. Well I brushed it off as a cramp. Stupid of me but I did. You will learn later on in the story that I do a lot of stupid things. After what seemed like hours of pain it lessened and reduced to a dull throbbing.

Then I fall back to sleep unaware that my life was gonna change. Unaware that this was my last day as being normal. Unaware that my life would take a very unexpected turn because in the morning I had huge blue wings.

---------------------------------------------------------

And that was chapter 3. Wow! 1062 words!! The most I have ever written!! Okay the plot official starts. Trust me it's gonna get wild after this! And as usual. If I'm doing anything wrong please let me know. I do accept constructive criticism.
- Blue