Chapter 20 | Introducing Someone

Start from the beginning

(Y/N)'s POV
"FUUUUUUCK!!!" I yelled, feeling nothing but burning pain as the liquid seeped into my gut wound. It felt like someone was pouring lava into me, and all I could do was scream out in pain. Throughout the entire process Nightmare couldn't hold his laughter in, while I struggled to keep myself propped against the counter. Through sharp breaths through gritted teeth, however, I managed to keep myself up. With a final groan I pushed against the counter and stood upright to look at myself in the mirror, clutching the hole in my stomach. As my gaze drifted away from my wound, my eyes widened as I saw a figure behind me begin to form out of a shadow. Whipping around to see what it was, I was confused to see that nothing was there. After blinking a few times in confusion, I turned back around to the mirror. "What in the fuck was that?" I whispered to myself, rubbing my eyes a little. But to my surprise, as I opened my eyes I saw a suspicious, small, circular shadow began to bubble aggressively. Turning back to where it was, I was once again met with the rest of my bathroom, and with nothing out of place. "Alright what the fuck are you doing now?" I asked as I turned back and splashed some water on my face, only to be met with silence. "Nightmare! I asked you a question. What the fuck are you doing now?" I asked again.
"I think it'd be nice if we could talk face to face, is that so wrong?" He responded.
"What the fuck's that suppose to me-" I began, looking back into the mirror to be met with a figure crawling out of where the puddle was. 'Ah shit, here we go again' I thought, readying myself to turn around and kick his ass. But as I was about to turn, a head and then a full body emerged from the hole and began to stretch.
"Ahhhh, feels good to get out once and a while" it said.

"Nightmare?" I asked, turning to see- nothing again. "Am I hallucinati- the fuck!?" I yelled, turning back to the mirror to see him stood there once again, a smug smile plastered into his face.
"Confused?" He asked. "You should be, dumbass" he walked towards and leaned on my right shoulder with his forearm. He was pretty light, which made sense considering he wasn't physically there, but it was weird that I could still feel his weight.
"Explanation. Preferably now" I said coldly, my eyes flicking back and forth between my physical shoulder and the one in the mirror.
"Let's just call it magic" he said, jumping back and doing some jazz hands with some shadow confetti raining down above him.
"Magic is just sci-"
"Science that we can't explain blah blah blah, oh shut up" he said, in a slightly aggravated tone. "If that were really the case then how do you explain the fire hands? Shadow powers? Telepathy? Or even that pale MILFs ability to MAKE *clap* FUCKING *clap* ROOMS *clap*!?" He yelled, reminding me of a certain angry and loud British chef.
"Fair point. But don't call Slenda a MILF, that's just weird, man" I said, shaking my head a little.
"Why not? She's like... 37? Yeah, somewhere around that" he said with a shrug.

"Just... don't" I said simply. "Now back to the rea-"
"Why're you still doing the voice?" He asked, cutting me off. "It's just us here. Nobody's gonna hear you, Mr. Self-Conscious" he added. "Even if that chick in the green was listening in she knows your real voice anyway so-"
"Alright, alright. You've made your point" I said, cutting him off and changing my voice back. "Now... Why. Are. You. Here?" I asked, my patience wearing thin.
"First off: you're welcome for the power b-t-dubs. It's cuz of me that you haven't been found out yet. And second: I'm here because we need to talk, for realsies this time" he explained.
"Alright, what is it?" I asked, with a slightly annoyed sigh.
"I'm glad you asked! You see, at the rate you're going, we're gonna fucking die. While you still piss me off to unimaginable levels, I need your body to live and unlike you, I'm not the type to keep a pre-made noose around if you catch my drift" he explained.
"Where are you going with this?" I asked, my curiosity growing stronger and stronger.
"Well..." he began, jumping and sitting on the counter next to the sink. "Since you can hear me now, we can chat. And that's whether you can see my form or not. And so, I have a proposal for you. Let me teach you how to use the powers that you have now... but in turn, we fight whenever I say. You can probably get powers this way if you do the whole 'I won't kill you' thing. But... I wIlL rIp yOuR oRgAns oUtTa yOuR aSs aNd maKe yoU eAt TheM" he explained, his voice becoming distorted with a psychotic tone.