25. Two Wendy's?

I'm back after so many years!! Sorry it took so long 💚 Hope you like the chapter.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"That's not right either! We're never gonna find it." I sighed slumping down.

"Calm down baek we'll find it eventually." He said reassuringly.

"When are Sehun and Renjun gonna come and help us?" I whined again.

"They'll be here in a few more minutes." Luhan laughed.

"We've been stuck here for so many hours, I just wanna go home, eat and sleep.

The hospital had been nice enough to let us view the footage of my ward even though nothing had been found by police.

Me and Luhan were trying to get the video of when Wendy hit me in the hospital ward but it was pointless. We couldn't find anything and we had been trying for so long. I was just so tired and wanted to go home already.

"...Baek, we've been here for like half an hour." Luhan said raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe I'm just really hungry. I'll get us some snacks." I sighed.

"Get me coffee as well, I need some adrenaline." Luhan smiled.

"Okay. I'll be back soon."

I went to the shop near the hospital, because let's face it, I prefer food that doesn't come from the hospital.

As I went into the shop, I saw an all too familiar face.

Wendy.

When I saw her this time, she didn't seem to recognise me. Well, until she looked at me closely. But instead of giving me a look of disgust or saying something rude to me, she hugged me.

I was so stunned I didn't have time to react.

"Baekhyun! It's been so long since I've seen you! How are you?" She asked smiling brightly.

Okay.

Now I was beyond confused.

Didn't she hate me? Also, I saw her a few days ago. What she on about.

"...Ummm... are you okay. I just saw you a few days ago and you were not acting like this then." I said confused.

"What do you mean? I just flew in from Canada last night." She smiled even more confused than I was.

"That's impossible! You talked to me a few days ago about Chanyeol and me and I'm so confused. Are you trying to mess with me right now!?" I shouted.

"I don't have a clue about what your saying. Are you sure you haven't gone crazy." She asked laughing.

What?

There's no way there's two Wendy's. It must be a nightmare.

I shut my eyes and hoped to wake up. When I opened my eyes...

I was still standing next to her.

"Hey. Do you want to sit down and talk?" She asked concerned.

How is there two Wendy's?

"Uhh, sure." I mumbled.

We sat down on the little benches outside the shop still extremely confused.

"Are you really, for real, Wendy." I said confused.

"As far as I know, there is only one of me."

Oh how wrong she is.

"Ask me anything and I'll try answer it."

There's one way to find out if this is really the Wendy I knew as a kid. The real Wendy. Something she told me when I was a kid. She may not remember it but it was a big deal for me so I hope she knows, I'd she's real.

"When we were seven and you were about to leave, what was the last thing you told me before leaving." I said looking at her in the eyes.

"When we were 7?" She asked.

"Yeah, just before you got on your flight." I said.

She looked at me for a minute before smiling.

"I know exactly what I said. Baek, don't give up. You'll succeed in life and be an amazing singer when you're older. Don't ever forget that. Bullies are just mean because they're jealous of your amazing talents. I want to see you on the stage in the future!" She smiled.

"You still remember?" I asked shocked.

"Of course I do. And I still want to see it happen." She smiled.

"It really is you." I said shocked while hugging her.

"Of course it is. Now tell me about this Wendy imposter." She said confused.

"I'll tell you everything! Let's get the food first and head back because my friends are waiting for me. I'll explain everything on the way there." I smiled.

"Okay come on then." She smiled back.

            *********Time Skip*********

"Come this way. Luhan, Sehun and Renjun should be here by now."

We walked in a comfortable silence all the way. We had talked about a lot of things and caught up on things that we'd missed in each other's lives while she was away. I never realised how much I missed this goofy and funny girl.

"I've got food and drinks! You're welcome, I know I'm a God." I said throwing everyone their things.

"Finally! What took so lon-"

Luhan cut off Sehun.

"-WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE! SHE'S THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS."

"No, she isnt! Luhan calm down. We need to talk. All of us." I said seriously.

I explained the situation of both sides. How we thought that the other girl was her and what she had said and done to us. How cruel and disgusting the other was. Then I explained how I knew it was the real Wendy and not the imposter one to the other guys.

"That's basically it." I said looking back and forth between all of them.

"Wow. That is a lot to take in." Wendy sighed.

"I know but trust us, it's all real. We wouldn't make something like this up, ever." I smiled.

"I believe you Baekhyun, I would love to help you guys with unsolving this. I'll do whatever it takes." She smiled.

I smiled back thankful to have her onboard.

"Did you guys find the video." I asked sehun and Renjun.

"Yeah, come take a look." Sehun said nodding at the screen.

I quickly studied the video seeing the bat and Wendy's face clearly.

"You are amazing Sehun and Renjun! Now we can put her in jail! We just have to show the police then we'll finally be free of her." I said excited.

"Wait... now that the real Wendy is back how do we prove that our Wendy isnt the real one?" Luhan asked.

"Dont worry, I know exactly what to do."

------------------------------------------------------------------_____________________________________________

Sorry this update took so long!! The next one will be much quicker🤪

If you're still reading thank you so much!! It means a lot to me💕💕

I've been so busy with exams and I've finally finished so hopefully my updates will be better💟

Wendy ain't Wendy after all 🤪

~Author-nim ;-;