Death and Fire

Chapter One

The ring master circled the arena, his outfit flashy and loud. In his right hand held a microphone, which was slowly being brought up to his mouth.

He wet his lips, preparing to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. People of all ages." His voice was low, drawing even more attention.

The lights were dimmed, a single spotlight on him.

"This circus has traveled around the world, gaining new and fascinating creatures. You think you've seen all our acts, but you're wrong."

His statement gained murmurs, the crowd confused by his statement.

"The previous acts were only the beginning. Those were the humans and animals. These next acts,"

His mouth turned into a smirk. "Are our monsters."

The whole crowd gasped, whispers growing louder, spreading throughout the entire arena. The ringmaster raised his left hand, as if to calm them.

"It is alright, do not worry. These beasts will not harm you, our own tamers have trained them."

He turned on his heel, walking around the arena.

"And now, I present to you,"

The spotlight turned off, leaving the room in complete darkness.

"Our freaks."

The crowds' whispers died down, dulled until nothing could be heard.

They sat in the dark, expecting something, anything, to happen. Suddenly, the ring master's voice could be heard again.

"Welcome to the stage our first freak, one of our best. Give a searing welcome to The King Of Hell!"

The crowed 'oooo'ed and 'awww'ed at the dark red lights that suddenly sprung up. They looked like fire, and everyone half expected the tent to burst into flames.

A man walked out from behind the curtains, the light flooding over his face.

The crowd looked at him expectantly. This man didn't look like a freak.

He wore a black suit, which matched the flaming lights perfectly.

He seemed middle aged, but no one could be sure. While he was attractive, his face held a sort of dark power, and everyone could agree that The King Of Hell was a fitting name.

"Hello girls," His voice rang throughout the arena.

"Hello boys," Most of the audience stiffened up, and they wiggled uncomfortably in their seats.

If you asked them to guess his sexuality, they most likely would have said making everyone uncomfortable.

His voice was somewhat comforting, though they all knew not to trust this man. His British accent shocked them, but they were in for a bigger surprise.

"For this act, I'll need a willing volunteer." Murmurs went throughout the crowd.

Nobody wanted to be near this man. He practically screamed sadistic.

"Oh come on." He said loudly. "Somebody is either going to volunteer or be volun-told."

No hands went up. They were all too fearful of what would happen.

The man sighed and looked at into the crowd.

"Alright then. Guess somebody's gonna be volun-told," He smiled a devilish grin that made many shudder.