First Domino to Fall

Start from the beginning

"Took you long enough," Marcus spoke as the muscular boy walked out from the same room. Somehow, his threatening stance looked a lot less so since a little girl was firmly grasping one of his hands, a lollipop in her other. The moment she saw Sahara and Terrell, her eyes lit up and she let go of the hand to rush to the Phantom.

Terrell moved like a cat. He let go of Sahara and smoothly avoided the hug. When Naomi stopped in her tracks and turned for a second attempt, Terrell simply delivered his signature move and held her away by pressing his palm on her forehead.

Noah appeared in the doorway. He stayed there, leaning against it as he watched.

"Anyone care to explain?" Terrell asked. He ignored the little girl's waving arms and relentless attempts to get her hug.

"Good question," the lady attending to the injured spoke. She turned and pointed what looked like a pen at Terrell. "How come you're not the one beat up this time?"

"Kelly!" Anna reprimand.

"It's true," Kelly responded calmly. "When was the last time he ever came here without an injury?" Turning, she slapped something on the injured boy, causing him to let out another yelp. "Honestly, I thought you boys had finally gotten more responsible." Her head turned to where Roman was seated. "You promised," she said coldly.

Roman visibly shivered, but he held up his hands in defense. "It honestly wasn't my fault this time!"

Anna joined in with the disbelieving glare. Sahara watched this exchange as she couldn't help but wonder how the three were related – their similar looks gave a lot away.

"So?" Terrell asked again. He loosened his hold on Naomi as she stopped struggling. With a pout, the girl turned to hug Sahara instead.

"Right," Roman got to his feet. He shot a look at Kelly.

The woman let out a sigh. She turned and grabbed what looked like a small white briefcase. "Anna, let's tend to the boys outside."

"What?" Anna furrowed her eyebrows. "Why can't they just come in–"

She was cut off when Kelly grabbed her arm and dragged her toward the waiting room.

"Can I help?" Naomi asked as she sprang from Sahara's side.

"Sure," Kelly replied.

As the three disappeared from the room, the injured boy moved to follow.

"Evan, stay," Terrell's voice made him freeze.

Sahara shifted, wondering if it was better she left too. As though sensing this, Terrell, placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Explain," he demanded again.

Marcus gave Sahara a look. She couldn't blame him for what she could guess he was thinking. This was Phantom business, and she wasn't exactly a Phantom.

"Evan," Sven spoke.

The injured boy lifted his head, revealing a black eye. His cheeks were swelling, and he looked to be in genuine pain.

Terrell turned to him. "How many?" he asked, seeming to understand something Sahara did not.

Evan lifted three fingers.

"That was quick," Terrell commented.

"Too quick," Marcus jumped in. "They weren't even there two days. The only ones who originally knew who were you, Noah and Sven." His gaze hardened. "So how did they find out?"

Sahara was at a complete loss.

"The guys Terrell sent to infiltrate Noctorious," Noah came to her rescue.