33~ Guidance

Beginne am Anfang

The two cabins are way nicer than I had assumed. Like, we're out in the middle of a forest-except a frozen lake in front of us, but still. They're pretty nice.

Kade was still in bad shape, and when we arrived here he was still out like a light.

Colton and Jamie has brought him inside and put him in one of the bedrooms. I know which one it is, just I'm not sure of who's staying in there.

I had reached the wooden door, and I quietly opened it up.

Kade was sitting on the edge of the bed, drinking some water.

"Hey." I said, walking inside and closing the door behind me.

He glanced at me, then set his glass down,

"Hey."

I walked over to the bed and sat down beside him,

"How are you feeling?"

"Like hell. Where are we?" He stated.

Right... he wasn't awake for anything, like, he was falling in and out of consciousness.

"Ohio." I answered.

"Our safe place?" He asked me.

I nodded,

"Yup. This is the girls' cabin, though."

He nodded, understanding,

"How are you feeling?"

I questionably looked at him,

"I haven't been unconscious for hours, I think I'm okay."

We both chuckled before Kade spoke up,

"But, actually. How are you feeling?"

I shrugged,

"Fine."

He nodded,

"Who cleaned everyone up?"

"Charlie's sisters Lola and Courtney and her brother Peter, Alexa's sister Marla, Colton's brothers Atticus and Asher, and your brother Zach." I answered him.

"Wow, we've got quite the crew." He chuckled, I joined him.

Once we had both stopped, he spoke up again,

"Can you help me downstairs?"

I smiled and nodded as I stood up. He put his hand on my shoulder and stood himself up with a slight hiss.

I wrapped my arm gently around his torso, so I wasn't hurting his ribs. And we walked slowly.

"Alright, let's go, cripple." Zach said sarcastically, gently taking hold of his little brother.

All of the boys stood up, and said their good nights before heading out.

Marla walked over to the door and locked it,

"Keep this door locked at night."

We all nodded.

"I'm headin' to bed." Lola said, standing up with a yawn.

"Night." We all said to her as she walked up the stairs.

"Who's sharing with who?" Courtney asked.

"Well, theres six of us and three rooms. Two in each room. I'm sharing with Alexa." Marla stated.

"I'm with Lola." Courtney told us.

"Me and Blair are sharing." Charlie said.

Everyone nodded, understanding and agreeing.

"Alright, so those will be the arrangements every night." Marla stated.

~~~

"Blair?" Charlie asked, her voice seeming loud in the pitch blackness of our room.

"Hm?" I hummed in response.

"Why do you think they tried to kill Kade?" She asked.

I sighed,

"To feel that they have power over us."

"But, why? Why do that to Kade?" She wondered aloud.

"That, we may never know..." I trailed off.

"It's just I've known Kade for years. And, I never thought that I would see the day that me and him have to fight for our lives. I just thought, well let's live our lives to the fullest and have fun with it. But now, there is no time to have fun. Because we're constantly fighting for our lives. Maybe to you it doesn't seem like-like something so dangerous, because you're as hard as a rock, but I never thought I'd be here. Why am I here?" She rambled.

"Some things happen for a reason, some things are a coincidence, and some things aren't meant to be. It all depends on the ending." I answered her.

To be honest, it's not much of an answer. More of a guidance.

_______________________________