Chapter 13

Aiden's POV

This part does go back in time a few days, so you all know what Aiden thinks and such. Enjoy!

The night I'd had with her, it could never be explained with rational coherent words. She made me feel like another human being, like I was someone deserving of her love, care, and sacrifice. For a moment it made me forget who I am, what I am. But maybe I was just too far gone to have these feelings for her. To love her so much that my heart ached when she wasn't near. 

But that was why it could never happen again. I couldn't risk her safety for my own sick and selfish pleasure. And as much as I wanted her, I couldn't have her. I wasn't deserving of the love she would give. 

Looking at her now, asleep, dreaming, she looked just like an angel. I ran my hand across her cheek, for what I swore would be the last time I touched her. I pulled away slowly and stood from the bed, tossing a clean pair of boxers and pajama pants on my bare body. I left the room with one final glance towards my sleeping angel. 

Walking into the kitchen I grabbed a water from the fridge and just stood there, for the longest time. My phone buzzed on the counter, I gritted my teeth when the contact popped up.

"What the fuck do you want Miles?" I spoke harshly into the phone. This prick irritated me more than anyone, but he'd been with us the longest, and was placed in a position of authority by Joe, so the asshole had to stay.

"Fucking hello to you too." he spit back.

"I asked you a question." I clarified.

"Oh nothing. I just wanted to check in on you and the little beauty you seem to be so fond of." he sneered.

"Don't you ever fucking talk about her. Got it Miles." if he were in front of me, he would've lost his head.

"Watch how you speak to me Aiden. I could have your ass in seconds if I wanted to, leader or not." he warned.

I clenched my jaw and rolled my eyes at his useless threats. "Well thanks for caring enough to call. Bye."

"Ah ah ah. Not so fast." he interjected before I could hit the end button. "Word on the street is that Michael has it out for your little toy over there. And he just so happens to know just how much you like having her around. I'd watch your back I were you." 

He hung up without another word. I slammed my fist into the granite and threw the phone onto the counter.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

I couldn't keep doing this with her. When I get close to people fate always fucks them over. And I wouldn't let that happen to her, I couldn't. I loved her too much to see her hurt because of me, to see her in trouble and know I caused it. 

I settled for making a sandwich, and waiting until she came into the kitchen, she will hate me, I know she will. But it needs to be done. I could hear her walking slowly behind me, but I was too focused on rehearsing what I would say to pay much attention. She wrapped her arms around my waist, jerking me from my thoughts.

 "Good morning." she smiled sweetly and spoke in a small voice. I wanted nothing more than to take her in my arms and kiss her, but it could never happen.

I hardened my expression, and tried keeping any and all emotion from reaching me.

"Aiden is everything okay?" she asked after a moment.

"Angel, we need to talk." I spoke in a low voice, not sure I even wanted to say the words. Her expression immediately darkened, as if she knew the outcome of this conversation.