Chapter 7

Aiden pried the shower head from my grip and managed to soak my entire body in cold water. I laughed hysterically as I tried using my arms as a defense against the water.

"Mercy! Mercy! I surrender." I yell out laughing.

"Too late for that angel, you started this, and now you will pay the price" he chuckled, hitting me with the water once more as I squealed.

His laughter resonated through the bathroom for a long time, until it abruptly stopped, as did the current of water. I opened one eye to make sure he wasn't just trying to get me to let my guard down.

My smile faded when I saw him on the other side of the shower with a blank expression once more. No anger, no happiness, just emotionless. My arms dropped to my sides as I slowly walked forward with a worried expression on my face. 

"Aiden what's wrong?" I ask hoping it was really just nothing.

"I..ah....it's your shirt." he mumbled trying to look away.

"What about it?" I shrug.

"It's white." he said in a cold tone avoiding my gaze.

My mouth formed an 'O' shaped as I looked down. And sure enough I was wearing one of his white shirts, without my bra. My hands flew up covering my chest and looking back to Aiden. He'd already stepped out of the shower and was near the door.

"Take a shower, I will be downstairs." he spoke calmly before closing the door behind him leaving me in a whirlpool of confusion

I stared at the door for a few minutes trying to think if I'd done something wrong, anything that could possible set him off again. He was being playful and smiling and laughing along with me. What the hell had gone wrong? 

The more time I spent with Aiden the more I began to notice how bipolar he could be. One minute everything was fine, we were laughing, joking around, having a good time. And the next he would just snap, he would yell, walk away from me, or just sit there lost in his own thoughts.

I huffed in annoyance, looking away from the door. I pulled my boot off my leg and slowly peeled the soaking wet clothes from my body and dropped them onto the tiles floor. I put the shower head back where it belonged and turned the hot water on. 

I grabbed the shower gel from the shelf and poured some into my palm. I snapped the lid shut and slammed it down back onto the shelf, my anger bubbling through me. I ran my fingers through my hair, spreading the suds all around, before washing them out. The water had turned pink form the ketchup left in my hair.

Rolling my eyes I reach for the soap again and wash my hair once more, hoping the ketchup would come out. After rinsing the soap from my hair once more I lathered it onto my body washing away the days past events. My mind was consumed with him. Even back at the club there was always something so interesting about him, something that made me want to know and understand him, something that made me want to be closer to him. I wasn't one for any long term relationship, and I am sure that he isn't either, but there is a feeling that I just can't get rid of whenever he was around.

I shook my head in disbelief. Aiden, a boyfriend? Please, as if that would ever happen.  I wasn't even sure if I could even stand being around him sometimes. I stood under the water for what seemed like hours, until it began turning cold, and snapped me out of my own thoughts. 

After shutting the water off and wringing the water from my hair, I step onto the bathmat and wrap a towel around my body. I grab the wet clothes from the ground and walk downstairs, tossing them into the washer.

Afterwards I walk into Aiden's bedroom and grab a pair of boxer briefs and a t shirt, throwing it on along with my bot, before walking into the family room where he was seated watching some movie. The smile returned to my face when I heard him laugh once more. I moved from behind the couch and sat down on the opposite side of him.