Chapter 4

I was glad he spent the night with me. I felt safe with him oddly enough. Though it was a dreamless sleep, I relished in the peace that surrounded me when I woke up. I felt around the bed only to find that he was no longer there with me. Part of me was disappointed, and the other part was screaming at me to get the hell up , thinking he was gone and I could escape. 

But what was the point? Where would I run to, I had no family, nowhere to run to. Kate came to my mind. I hope she is okay, though probably worried sick about me. I thought of the lies my parents would spin to cover up my absence. Maybe he would let me see Kate someday, it wouldn't be too much to ask. If I would even be around for that long.

I shuddered at the thought and tried pushing it from my mind. Aiden seemed to genuinely care about me, he fought to keep me safe, and he could've easily had me killed instead of taking me to his home. I pushed the blankets from my body and stood pulling the hem of his shirt down walking cautiously across the room and over to the door trying the handle.

To my surprise and utter elation the handle gave way. He left the door unlocked? Maybe it was just on accident. Even so I took my chance. Slowly I emerged from the room and walked over to the door I remember leading to the bathroom. I walked over to the faucet cupping my hands under the cool water. I brought it to my face and gently began to wash the sleep from my eyes.

I heard him running up the stairs like a madman hearing  doors opening and closing, and furrowed my brows in confusion. What the hell could he be looking for. 

"Kara!" I heard his voice shout from somewhere in a room.

"Kara!" he shouted again more urgently.

I shut the water off and dried my face with the towel. I walked over to the door opening it and walking out into the hallway.

"Aiden." I called out to him.

He ran out from my room with cell phone in hand. "Where the hell were you?" he seethed, anger filling his voice.

"I was just washing my face." I replied in a small voice.

"Stop lying. You were trying to escape weren't you?" He shouted from across the hallway coming closer.

"I'm not lying Aiden. I just woke up." I defended.

"Tell me the truth now!" he demanded.

"I am telling you the fucking truth! What, did you happen to wake up on the wrong side of the fucking bed, and magically turn into an asshole during the process?" I fired back.

He walked forward and I took a step back till my back hit the wall. He moved dangerously close, anger evident on his face.

"I told you to watch what you say to me angel." He threatened.

I pushed back on his chest, though he didn't budge.

"I told you I'm no angel, and besides I'm not afraid of you." I said cockily.

He moved his hand behind his back and pulled his shirt up slightly. I stiffened when he brought out a silver handgun from behind his back. " You should be angel, you should be very afraid. I told you I've killed others for much less, what makes you think I won't kill you." he threatened in a menacing tone raising the gun slowly.

In a burst of adrenaline I grabbed the barrel of the gun. Before he had a chance to snatch it from my grip I positioned it over my heart. "Pull the trigger then." I replied simply showing no emotion on my face.

He tried pulling the gun back a bit, but I held it in place. "I said. Pull.  The. Trigger." I repeated again staring into his blazing green eyes.

Confusion crossed his face for a moment, until a wicked smirk took over his face. "You know I can." he threatened pushing the barrel into my chest even more.