[Season 2 FINALE] Ch. 10: Stalemate

[Warning: This story may contain graphic language and graphic action. Strong caution is advised.]

•Based on the last chapter, you have chosen to stay up with Jungkook, instead of going to bed and resting up your energy

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

You lay back against the couch, looking up at the ceiling, recalling all of the events in your mind that you had gone through in the past 24 hours. You had so many questions, but you didn't know if Jungkook was the right one to ask about all of it. You didn't even know where to start. It was loud and hectic inside your brain. You bite your nails from being sucked into your deep dive. Through all of the thinking inside your psyche, Jungkook's voice suddenly broke you out of your toxic mindset. It brought you back to reality. You hazard a guess he had sensed you were tense.

"Aren't you tired?" He said softly.

You look at him and shake your head. "I don't think I could sleep with all of the things running through my mind." You say sadly. He folds his arms across his chest and leans back against the couch, thinking for a second before speaking. "Makes sense." He nodded.

"Y-yeah... Thank you." You say under your breath. He stared at you, confused. "For what? Why are you thanking me?" He laughed, scratching his temple.

"Well, for everything you've done f-for me so far." You look down at your lap, fumbling with your fingers. There was a moment of silence that hung in the air after you said that. You expected an immediate response, but to no avail. It lasted a little longer before he finally opened his mouth.
"I mean, um... You're welcome. It's, uh— Really nothing." He cleared his throat while readjusting himself in his seat. You cracked a smile.

He's clearly uncomfortable with giving compliments to other people. How cute.

"Still, I appreciate it. It's... M-more than anyone has ever done for me."
He looked at you with a soft gaze. He focused on your words.
"What do you mean? Why's that?" He tilted his head. You immediately look away, instantly reminded of the awful fight you had with your now ex, before you ran out of your apartment to go on a walk and clear your head. You visibly cringe as you recall the harsh words.

"Uh... Nothing." You lied, clearing your throat. You didn't want to spill your guts to someone who is practically a stranger. It wouldn't sit well with you. He narrowed his eyes at you.

"Y/N, are you sure you have nothing to tell me?"
You shook your head. "Nope. I'm sure. I'd rather not bother you with it."

He only sighed, sitting back against the couch. He respected your wishes.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

You two stay up talking for a few hours, about what happened, about what he does, and other pressing topics. You end up taking the bedroom upstairs. You sleep comfortably for the next few hours. Nothing suspicious or life threatening happens to you two. The night goes by smoothly. Which was a definite plus.