28. Baby Shower (Part 1)

Jewel.

I sat with my feet propped up on a fold up chair as Chandra did my hair and CiCi handled my make up. I'm curious to see how I look, it's been awhile since I've gotten 'beautified'.

"Jewel why you don't want August to see you yet?" Chandra asked as she flat ironed my hair.

"I want it to be a surprise." I smirked.

Ciara rolled her eyes. "She doing the most acting like they getting married."

Chandra chuckled. "I'm telling you I could've sworn people only do that for weddings."

I sucked my teeth. "Leave me alone guys."

"They gon get married, watch." Ciara smirked.

I gave Ciara a serious look & she laughed as she took the top off of the red lipstick from mac. I sat still as Ciara rubbed the lipstick on my lips.

"Damn I'm good." Ciara squealed.

I'm so eager to turn around and look into the mirror, but I can't until Chandra finish my hair and I'm terrified of getting burnt.

"Your face is beat hun-tee." Ci snapped her fingers.

"I don't want to hear anymore about my face until I see it." I pouted.

Ciara tucked her hair behind her ear and started putting her make up into her make up bag. Chandra unplugged the flat irons and combed my hair out.

"Okay I'm done." She handed me a mirror.

I chuckled as I felt CiCi and Chandra eyeing me down. "I love it guys, thank you so much." I pulled them both into a bear hug.

"Okay Jewel you're welcome, chill out with that humungus baby bump." Chandra patted my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "Very funny, can you guys exit my room now so I can get dressed now..please and thank you." I tilted my head to the side.

Ciara and Chandra grabbed there things and closed the door behind them. I took my sweats and v-neck off and changed into a navy blue and white striped sweater dress. I slid on my navy blue moccasins. I checked myself out in the long length mirror and I must say I'm quite feeling myself. My girls did a wonderful job hooking me up.

I slid in my medium size gold hoop earrings, and grabbed my purse off my dresser and headed downstairs.

"Daaaaaayum." Chandra yelled as I wobbled down the steps.

Ciara cheesed. "Yes honey you better work. The baddest pregnant lady walking."

My cheeks were hurting from smiling so much. "Guys stop, Y'all blowin' my head up."

"Have you guys heard any updates?" I asked.

Chandra nodded her head. "Mama Sheila and Ms. Tina are still decorating. My babies went with Aug to go pick up the cake."

I nervously sighed. "Oh gosh, I hope they aren't trying to kill eachother."

"Relax I'm sure they are getting along just fine." Chandra smiled.

I sat down on the couch and rubbed my tummy. "I guess we can leave around 3:30." I suggested.

The baby shower starts at 4, and it doesn't take that long to get there. Maybe about 15 minutes away. Everything should be in order about time we get there.

* * *

August.

I parked Jewel's whip on the parking lot of Super Wal Mart. "Come on my lil luv bugs." I opened the door for my nieces as they climbed out.

Kay Kay and Noonie grabbed my hand while Chay grabbed Kay's other hand.

"I can't wait to see the cake Uncle Aug." Kay squealed.

"What you talkin' bout Kay Kay, I can't wait to eat it." Chay jumped in the convo.

I shook my head and laughed as we walked inside of Super Wal Mart. We headed straight to the bakery department. I ain' foolin' with my nieces today, every time I take them to the store they want to go straight to the toy section.

A young girl who looks about 18 greeted me with a warm smile. "Hello, how are you?"

I smiled back. "I'm good, and you?"

"Great, thank you. How may I help you today?"

"I'm here to pick up a cake under the name Jewel Jones."

The girl nodded her head and went towards the back to get the cake order. I rubbed my chin hair as I waited fa' the girl to bring the cake out.

The girl came back with the 1/2 sheet cake and handed it to me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, have a nice day." She smiled.

I nodded my head as I turned around towards my nieces. "Girl's y'all ready ta-." I froze in the middle of my sentence once I didn't see Kay Kay.

"Chay and Noonie where's Kay?"

Noonie gave me that 'uh oh' type of look while Chay shrugged her shoulders. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath tryin' my best not to show my nieces the other side of me.

"Y'all two suppose to look out fa her, what way did she go?"

They both pointed towards the right side. Niether one of them opened there mouths to talk because they know I don't play that wandering off shit.

I tilted my head to the right motioning them to follow me. "Get in front of me, both of y'all."

I walked pass each aisle until I heard Chay scream. "There she is uncle Aug." Chay pointed down the cosmetics aisle. I furrowed an eyebrow as I seen a young lady kneeled down talkin' to Kay Kay.

"Kay Kay." I called her name and she turned towards me.

"You know better ta' be wandering around." I said in a stern tone.

Kay Kay frowned her face. "I was just talking to this nice lady Uncle Aug, she said she knows you."

I furrowed an eyebrow as the girl turned around, my eyes met 'Asia'. I shook my head.

"Your nieces are so adorable." Asia said tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Asia what are you doing? Kay Kay get over here." I demanded.

Kay Kay ran towards me and stood in between Chay and Noonie.

"We just had a girl conversation that's all right Kay Kay?"

Kay Kay nodded her head.

"Stay away from my family." I said through gritted teeth.

"It's a little to late for that Aug. Oh by the way Congrats on the twins." Asia smirked as she walked by us. "I'll see you around Kay Kay, remember what I told you okay?" She blew Kay Kay a kiss and winked at me.

I shook my head, this the second time I ran into Asia out of school. I don't want a third time. How the hell did she even know I'm having twins? what the fuck?

I walked up towards the register to pay for the cake.

"Kay come here." I demanded.

"Yes uncle Aug?" She looked up to me with her big brown eyes.

"What did Asia say to you?"

Kay Kay put her index finger towards her lips.

"I can't tell you it's a secret." She whispered to me.

Whatever Asia then said to my niece I have to find out. This shit pissing me off now, for all I know it could be something important.

After I paid for the cake the girls and I went back to the car and headed to the baby shower.

A/N: Jewel's make up and hair in the media