21. No more dreaming

August.

I can't believe I let Jewel talk me into going grocery shopping with her and shit. A nigga luv food, but I ain' down wit grocery shopping. I might as well get used to dis shit. I walked beside Jewel as we entered the market.

"You pushin' the cart." I told Jewel.

Jewel side eyed me. "You're lucky I need to lean on this cart for support right now." She rolled her eyes.

Jewel was right she needed the cart, anybody can tell she pregnant now because she starting to show.

"I should make you carry me, my back and feet hurt." She complained.

I let out a fake chuckle. "Ya big ass gon break my back and shit." I joked.

"Am I really that fat?" Jewel pouted.

I shook my head no. "Nah I'm just jokin' baby gir'." I gripped her waist and kissed her cheek.

"You play to much." She grabbed some confetti flavored poptarts to put in the cart but I softly smacked her hand.

"Uh uh put dat shit back, Da doc' said you need ta be eatin' healthy."

Jewel gave me a evil look. I'm tellin' you man these pregnant mood swings I ain' wit it, but I gotta deal wit it.

"You don't know how bad I've been craving these things though!" Jewel snatched the poptarts out my hand and threw em in the cart.

"When we get home I'm givin' you the D you need it."

Jewel playfully pushed me causing me to bump into a lady.

"I'm sor-." I couldn't finish my sentence. "Mama." I lifted my Ray Bans up to get a good glimpse, it damn sure was my mama.

"August!" My mama covered her mouth.

"Baby where the hell have you been? I've been lookin' all ova for you, everyone has been askin' for' you. Your nieces misses you like crazy."

I tucked my hands in my pockets and cleared my throat before I spoke again. "I been outchea grindin', I miss my babies too. You know dat ain' like me ta just up and leave, but it's something I had ta' do befa' I did something I would've regretted."

My mama nodded her head. "I understand Ant."

"How's everyone been?" I asked.

"Everyone has been pretty good, we just pray that you come home to us. Who's this pretty lady hiding behind you?"

I pulled Jewel in front of me. I don't know why she tryna act shy knowin' damn well she ain' shy at all.

"Mama this is Jewel, Jewel this is my mama." I introduced them two.

Jewel held her hand out for my mama to shake, but my mama pulled her into a hug.

"We the huggin' type of family, we don't do that hand shakin' mess. Show mama some love."

Jewel chuckled. "Nice to meet you mama."

"You too sweetie." She gasped as she looked down at Jewel's stomach.

"It's true, I'm two months pregnant and it's August's." Jewel blurted out.

My mama jumped up and down like a little ass kid. "Imma have a grandbaby." She excitedly cheered.

"We have to have a babyshower." My mama insisted.

Jewel and I exchanged confused looks.

"I'm sorry I'm just so excited, it'll be the perfect moment for both families to get to meet and know eachother."